MiG-23ML Flogger G - Trumpeter 1/48

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: MiG-23ML Flogger G - Trumpeter 1/48

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! That looks great!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Norman

Post by Norman »

Meanwhile in Hamburg, Germany ... Aires cockpit, feel my pain between my legs. :ballbat:

Instrument panel with small parts. Unfortunately, the instruments can hardly be recognized. Even though I painted it with white paint. Unfortunately too small to recognize anything. Next time I'll probably use a look part from Eduard

Testfit, not glued yet.

The Eduard Wheel wells are glued in with super glue and fixed with green stuff. My epoxy glue was to old for use. I hobe it will works. The fit of the parts was not so outstandig, which didn't make gluing easier.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well done! What is the size of thus?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Norman wrote: Instrument panel with small parts. Unfortunately, the instruments can hardly be recognized. Even though I painted it with white paint. Unfortunately too small to recognize anything. Next time I'll probably use a look part from Eduard

That's interesting... I got a different result using a similar Aires cockpit set. I sprayed the white onto the back of the clear acetate sheet. Maybe the ML cockpit instruments are different than the MF?

I love the crazy turquoise color in the cockpits of these Russian fighters. I wonder what the rationale was to use such a color.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

jkim wrote: I love the crazy turquoise color in the cockpits of these Russian fighters. I wonder what the rationale was to use such a color.
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the color was chosen for psychological reasons. The color is supposed to be visually soothing in some manner according to some Soviet scientific reasoning.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Norman

Post by Norman »

Warning, high stress levels expected.

On both halves of the fuselage, there is a molded seam, most raised and sometimes sunk. I try sanding as best I can.

mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Wow, that's a curvy and damn long mold line. But I'm sure you'll make it your bitch. :whip:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:Wow, that's a curvy and damn long mold line. But I'm sure you'll make it your bitch. :whip:
:giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Superb work!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Norman

Post by Norman »

It continued with the MiG-23.

The cockpit was glued into one half of the fuselage. I used the front wheel well with about 5 mm plastic spacer to place the cockpit a little better, for the further gluing.

For the HUD I cut some plastic in the upper area and lined it with a plastic sheet to align the HUD better later.

Afterwards it would have been better to glue the cockpit side parts to the fuselage halves without gluing the main cockpit part. A side wall had to be sanded lightly

Air intake parts from Eduard.
The splitter plates from the kit do not quite match the parts from Eduard, there is a gap. Due to the gap, the pins no longer fit to glue the air intake to the fuselage.

In addition, a lot of filling has to be done here, because you can see this area later.

Here you can see quite well that you have to completely fill the cockpit.

The MiG-23 will need a lot of filler

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”