1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
speedgraflex

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann

Post by speedgraflex »

Case closed! The black arrows on the instructions, the white sprues, and the box size are correct! Good work, John! I know it took a little while to get here but it was probably your first Dora and all that deduction work is really worthwhile—this was a most satisfying end to the mystery and a rare origin story for a superhero. I don’t know about you but I made lists of possible candidates, read both 1973 and 1974 Revell catalogs, and hit wall after wall. You made the leaps and filled in the connections. Congratulations, sir.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

I remember being able to sit on the floor like that for hours building something without my back killing me afterwards.
Beautiful pit :shoutout:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Back... rump... legs/knees... :headslap: ah the flexibility of childhood...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Yup... countless summers working on model kits on the front porch for days on end and hours. Fun times. Even my sister was into model kits too.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yes, I remember squatting in front of a table we had that collapsed down to the height of a coffee table. We had that in the garage and that was my workbench. Since my mother never allowed me to use an Exacto knife until I was 16, I used her paring knives from the kitchen. All of them had broken tips from my trying to pry cemented parts apart. Ah the memories!

I'm glad the mystery is solved. I am also glad this is moving forward; I am really enjoying this Thread. Keep it coming John!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

That's pretty cool that we've pieced together the puzzle to point to a probable model subject. And to come full circle some 40 years later to find myself building the same subject.

That was fun! Back to the G-14, where I've painted the prop blades, complete with white overspray from the spinner. I'm hesitant on doing these types of imperfections because it can look like sloppy modeling as opposed to historical accuracy.

The previously spiraled spinner is now given an overcoat of white. I'm leaving a little bit more of the spiral visible, taking into account that the flat coat will help tone down the contrast.

Here's the spinner with the prop blades temporarily stuck into place. I'll need to apply some weathering the spinner but the dark wash and flat coat are on.

The Eduard masks for the clear parts have been put on and I've glued the clear parts into place.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

A pause in model building today while I painted a present for a friend that is moving away...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

The spinner looks great. Regarding the props if it is documented that they had over spray then I would also decided to depict it in 1/32 and 1/48 maybe not 1/72. Also that lure has some really cool color shifts.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Yes, I know I have seen a photo with heavy overspray. Let me find the photo.

The amount of exterior overspray looks good, John!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks guys! The landing gear has been painted...
John aka JKim
-----------<><

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”