KP 1/72 Grob Astir

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: KP 1/72 Grob Astir

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

And the white is on. Tamiya XF-2 thinned with Gunze self lieveling thinner. Since it is just one coat, nothing fancy, I have used my Badger 350

Next up: masking for the red parts.

ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That looks great!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking great!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

That’s one sexy bird. I dig what you’re doing with her.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Thanks for all the encouragement. Know that I have a dedicated workplace I can really get some stuur done. This build is going quite smoothly.

I have done the masking. I have chosen the color scheme of the Belgian Air Cadets (hi there neighbours!). That is an nice subject for me. I often visit Belgian air shows and the kids volunteer to pick up trash, set up fence and basically to keep the whole thing going. So they deserve a place in my model collection.

The KP instructions simplified the red parts on the wing tip. Instead of solid red there should be a white “L” shape in there. Al these gliders have their own different scheme so photos material is necessary for accuracy.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Quite nice! Gliders are such elegant birds. I would be a Calvin and Hobbes comic trying to glue wing halves that long together! Great looking.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

LyleW wrote:Quite nice! Gliders are such elegant birds. I would be a Calvin and Hobbes comic trying to glue wing halves that long together! Great looking.
My pop and I built a few R/C gliders when I was a young pup. The "Gentle Lady" was our favorite. Easy to build. Beautiful airframe. Relatively easy to fly -though we did have some spectacular crashes none the less. It still amazes me how those things'll stay up there pretty much as long as you like after they're launched. It kind of reminds me of that old Daoist saying "Fish don't swim, they're swum. And birds don't fly, they're flown."

I can't wait to see this bird with the next stage of painting on her. She's gonna be sexy as hell.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Red is on. I used Humbrol enamel thinned with Revell Color mix. Since this was a smaller job I used my H&S Ultra, it worked great. I did have some minor bleed, you can see it in the pictures. But that will be gone with a tiny drop of white.
As you can see, the wings tips are not solid red as the KP instructions would lead you to believe.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”