Modelsvit 1/48 Bf 109 D-1.

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: Modelsvit 1/48 Bf109 D-1.

Post by Stikpusher »

mostrich wrote:Some guys prefer double D, but I'm walking the D lane all day long.
:popcorn:
:giggles:

I married a DD, but there’s nothing wrong with B or C either... :whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

You married a battery?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Wouldn't that be a AA or even a AAA? :hmm:
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:headslap:
Modelcrazy wrote:
LyleW wrote:You married a battery?
Wouldn't that be a AA or even a AAA? :hmm:
Oh.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I forgot to shoot the sprues without holding them so my hands would be invisible; that is a no-no in the land of commercial photography - or maybe just my hands are. Apologies, Torben. I blew up my shots to eliminate my hands and restructured my first post as a result. The images are still in “DD-mode” if I may use that term rather reluctantly, but prettier or more filtered, hopefully more pleasing, better detail shots of the sprues... and none of this matters too much, but I wanted to clarify things. I still need to add back a shot of the second decal sheet as well as the shot of the photo-etch.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Not familiar with the manufacturer but looks nicely molded.
Thanks,
John
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Bruce, I just adolescently referred to the version of the 109 you're going to build. Your pictures looked and still look perfectly fine to me.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

No worries, Torben. I just received an under the microscope critique of my layouts for the graphic novel I am drawing so I am hypersensitive- please forgive me.

I think though: Bayrische Flugzeugwerke must be BF and not Bf, although I have seen both in publications.

Please let me know. Thanks so much.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote: I think though: Bayrische Flugzeugwerke must be BF and not Bf, although I have seen both in publications.
If you want to create something, be sensitive. Right so, Bruce!

The official German nomenclatura for military airplanes was a two letter abbreviation of the manufacturer's name followed by a blank and then the product no. First letter was capitalized like a noun should (e.g. Me, Si, Ju, Ar, Do...). When this nomenclatura came official Willy Messerschmitt already had transformed his Bayerische Flugzeugwerke AG into the Messerschmitt AG. Since the 109 was designed before that, it was called Bf to firstly to avoid calling it Ba - a sound in Germany made by people out of disgust - and secondly with a small 'f' just out of good ol' Prussian bureaucracy. It had to fit the rest. -Jawohl! :headslap:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
speedgraflex

Re: Modelsvit 1/48 Bf 109 D-1.

Post by speedgraflex »

Danke. Thank you. I also corrected the header title to include the space following “Bf.” Individual posts up to this one will have “Bf109” and not the change moving forward.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”