1/48 Tamiya Mosquito NFII, 307 Squadron RAF

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Floki
Elite Member

1/48 Tamiya Mosquito NFII, 307 Squadron RAF

Post by Floki »

I was looking back at all my builds and I realized its been a very long time since I made a ally build. On top of that I came to the conclusion that I have never built a British subject. The Dorchester was British but I had depicted it as one captured by Rommel in North Afrika. So it is well over due for me to make a proper British aircraft and I have chosen in my opinion the best looking one of them all the DeHavilland Mosquito.
For this build I have HGW fabric belts, Montex supermask set and a Eduard PE set. I haven't forgot about the Volksjager, the gentleman I order a lot from doesn't have it in stock right now due to the current situation going on. I like to support his business and will wait for him to get it in stock. I will probably end up painting both of these builds together when I get to that stage but time will tell.

I have no books and have not done much research like I usually do on a build so if anyone has some good cockpit photos I would love to see them.
Thanks for looking in!
SKOL!
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito NFII, 307 Squadron RAF

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I have the same kit in my stash as well. My plan was to build it as Sqn 487th - A/C participated in “Operation Jericho” attack on Amiens Prison in 1944. Will follow this one...
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I'll be watching this build. I have this kit on my whishlist. This site is pretty cool for cockpits - there is a Mosquito reference here

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit ... ockpit360/
Thanks,
John
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Ooohh watching.
Also check out the avspecs pages. Theyre the ones that have restored all the flying ones.
https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs
They keep meticulous records, and if they dont have it, you can message them and theyle get it.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Bookmarked the links. Will come in handy for sure!!

I know in the UK, they have restored (or rebulilding) a Mossie. FlyPast magazine had articles about that and is currently airworthy. Here's a the link of articles from FlyPast magazine:

https://flypast.keypublishing.com/?s=mosquito&submit=Go

I love buying this magazine! It's a must read for all!!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Thanks guys! The mosquito at the national museum I've seen many times and had completely forgot about the 360 pit view they have on many of the aircraft there. The Facebook link just takes me to a page wanting me to make a profile. Do they have a separate website or are they only on Facebook?
Looks like flypast has a lot of articles on the mosquito I'll read through some of them.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Very cool! Good to see you on a new project Clint!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking forward to this. Like JKim, your work doubles as a teaching tool!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You can never go wrong with a Mossie... and Tamiya? This will be good!

:hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Floki wrote:Thanks guys! The mosquito at the national museum I've seen many times and had completely forgot about the 360 pit view they have on many of the aircraft there. The Facebook link just takes me to a page wanting me to make a profile. Do they have a separate website or are they only on Facebook?
Looks like flypast has a lot of articles on the mosquito I'll read through some of them.
https://www.warbirdrestoration.co.nz/

Sorry about that. Their website has plenty of photos, but their facebook is where they post all the little detail shots of things theyve restored or rebuilt. And all the internal details. If you really want the photos from their facebook i can see if i can find another source. Id offer to download them but theres hundreds.
Oddly their website also doesnt include their first mossie.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”