Gee Bee Part two...Williams Brothers

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Gee Bee Part two...Williams Brothers

Post by LyleW »

Medicman71 wrote:It's looking good Lyle!
Thanks. A second, lighter coat is down and drying enough to remove the masking...getting antsy. Must resist.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Whew....masking is off. I like to get it removed as soon as i can. One area of overspray on the underside of the elevator. Don't know how that happened...but it did. Easy peasy. Looking at the pictures, I think I see a couple of tiny places where there was some lift on the white. Overall, quite happy with the result. No solvents anywhere near the paint this time.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Sheer perfection my friend, Bravo!!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Damn Lyle! That looks awesome!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks Mike and Joe. Sometimes, amaze myself! :giggles:

I was able to buff that bit of overspray from the elevator, so that is a good thing. I see 3 or 4 areas that could have been done a little better, but, I can't see messing with it. Appreciate your kind words.
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

*cracks knuckles*

*engages Caps Lock*

YEAAAAAAH BUDDY! LYLE! IT’S GLORIOUS! KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!

Man. Those curves came out so nice and so clean and tight. Sexy as hell. I love it.

Overspray? Meh. It happens. Easy-peasy Japaneesy lemon-squeezy like you said. No problems there.

Beautiful work my man. Just beautiful. She’s already a legit Hello Nurse eye-popper. I can’t wait to see the next stages.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Kenny, thank you so much. I stand (okay,sit) back and look at your work and wonder how the heck you do it. . . so I really appreciate your words.

Playing around with the idea of using decals, homemade of course, for the pinstriping. Not sold 100% yet. Some looks okay, some, Meh. There is just enough of a ridge on the demarcation between red/white to get in the way. Not sure whether I want to try and polish that ridge out or try to touch up th red....touch ups are trick and polishing that red could be a nightmare as well....

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nicely done! Both attempts. Nice recovery
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Bravo Lyle! Looking very sharp!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

John and Carlos, thank you.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”