Airfix 1/48 H.S. Hawk T.1

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
speedgraflex

Re: Airfix 1/48 H.S. Hawk T.1

Post by speedgraflex »

Stuart wrote:That would be awesome! There are a couple of 1/48 scale kits of the Hawk 100 series (Airfix and Kinetic) and Airfix have just recently re-released their excellent little 1/72 kit.

That looks sweet!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Medicman71 wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:I'd get that one too. Oh wait... never mind, it's 1/72 scale... :bored: :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
:headslap:
No Problem!

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

I’m following this because I can’t wait to see what you do with the paint work. What a cool subject!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I really love the shape of the Hawk. Elegant but purposeful. And with all those attractive colour schemes and all those different user it is one of those aircraft that you can build a dozen times.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

KennyX wrote:I’m following this because I can’t wait to see what you do with the paint work. What a cool subject!
lol! Judging by my current progress you'll have a long wait! :bored:
BorgR3mc0 wrote:I really love the shape of the Hawk. Elegant but purposeful. And with all those attractive colour schemes and all those different user it is one of those aircraft that you can build a dozen times.
The Hawk is indeed a great looking aircraft, and yes indeed, you can build it many times over - I've built several over the years.

I actually managed to get started on this today - I had 1/2 an hour free earlier so did a bit of basic work. I've assembled and base painted the seats and have started to assemble the cockpit. Alas the PE set I purchased for this isn't going to fit, so I think I may just see what I can do with the detail that is there.

Cheers!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I’m impressed! In a half an hour I might get the box open, lose some small parts, and spill something!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Stuart wrote:
Good start! :-)

I do like your well organised and well optimised good sized bench!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LOL! Love your own personal modeling club... The Unsociable Modeling Club. Where do we sign up? :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

KSaarni wrote: Good start

I do like your well organised and well optimised good sized bench!

- Kari
Thanks Kari - It's a good sized tray - very useful for when you have to keep moving everything.
BlackSheep214 wrote:LOL! Love your own personal modeling club... The Unsociable Modeling Club. Where do we sign up? :giggles:
lol! It's an private joke. Basically I'm not very sociable, especially when at work. I used to work for a company that had a very active social group - I got so fed up being asked why I wasn't going to this and that event, and then having to justify it, I started saying that I couldn't because I was in the unsociable group and had a prior engagement. People used to ask if they could join - but obviously it's an unsocial group, so no - members limited to one only :lashed: I used to have a sign above my desk - eventually people stopped asking!

Note: I'm a lot more social out of work, with people I actually like :-D

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:I really love the shape of the Hawk. Elegant but purposeful. And with all those attractive colour schemes and all those different user it is one of those aircraft that you can build a dozen times.
I have 3 or 4 just in Red Arrows schemes

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”