From Kenny X’s Shelf Of Doom

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KennyX
Elite Member

From Kenny X’s Shelf Of Doom

Post by KennyX »

Good day, gentlemen. Long time. Very long time. Not much to say regarding my absence except that the Pandemic really put the zap on my brain. And for much of the following lockdown I’ve been dealing with a lot of severe anxiety and depression. Having clinically-diagnosed severe anxiety and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in the middle of a global pandemic is hard.

Anyway, COVID-19 was a HUGE mojo killer, for me. And the depression... oh man. Until this past week, I hadn’t built anything since, gosh, February?

I started again. Here’s some photos;

1. My 1:72 zero got a propeller! I’ll be finishing this one up in the next few weeks:

2. I’m FINALLY on the event horizon of completing a Panzer! I finished building the tracks (Dragon tracks) link by link, and have been weathering this guy with regular, steady progress:

And here’s an ME 109 E-3 cockpit, Eduard’s Brassin offering, which I’m using on a 1:48 Josef “Pips” Priller build. I love Emils as y’all know, and I’m no longer pleased with my previous Emils. They could be better. I got tired of looking at them and seeing everything in I wished I’d done better, so I smashed them, and I’m starting fresh doing this one:

Coming soon:

1. Resuming work on my 1:32 Zero, and hopefully completing it

2. Starting a 1:72 Spitfire

Thank you as always for your interest in my models.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: From Kenny X’s Shelf Of Doom

Post by tempestjohnny »

Kenny good to hear your getting better. Zero looks great
Stay well
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks buddy. Of all the stuff I’ve done to-date, that little 1:72 Zero, I feel, is my best work. I don’t hate anything about it when I look at it, at this moment, I’m making the canopy and installing brake lines on the gear struts. I’ll have pics up of that stuff this week.

Building helps alleviate a lot of the bad stuff in my head that I deal with. The Problem is, my motivation to build or really create anything is the first thing to go whenever I get upset. I basically just forced myself to start again, and lo and behold, the mojo came back.

This here’s the scheme I’m doing for the new Emil. Field applied mottling over the old RLM 70 and 71 splinter pattern, I’m digging this, however I am not planning on extending the yellow that far back toward the windscreen.

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Welcome back! Glad.you are feeling so some jo flowing through the mo. I do love your work!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks Chief, I appreciate that! And it’s good to be back. I’ve been prowling the forum here and man oh man there’s some great work happening!
Kenny X
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Welcome back, Kenny!Can't wait to see more of your builds!

I hear ya. This pandemic has been very, very frustrating for me considering I am hard-of-hearing in both ears. Can't read lips when folks speak to me with mask on. Hell, some refuse to pull it down for a couple seconds so I can understand what they're saying. I had one business refuse to remove mask so I can understand them. I was pissed and told the missus I'll never go there again. They lost my business for life.

It's funny though, most folks will do so after I explain to them of my hearing disability. Only a handful won't or refuse to make it easy for me. It gets old explaining my disability to them every time. Oh yeah, my moods and attitude during the pandemic has changed me out of frustration and the feeling of my freedom being controlled a great deal due to these mandates by our state governor. Don't get me wrong, I get it. Just gotten such a bad attitude towards these liberal ideals and values. Not even the scientists or these so-called disease experts knows what the hell they're talking about in solving this pandemic and how to end it.

In short, 2020 can kiss my @$$. I can't wait til 2021 to get here.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Woohoo! Kenny is back! :shoutout:

Whatever your personal demons are, you have a group of friends here in your corner. And don’t be so harsh on your modeling. I think that you do some damn fine work. And that’s putting it mildly.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Good to see you here Kenny!

And as always, that is some great modelling!
ImageImageImageImageImage
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you guys for the welcome back to the club and the kind words, much appreciated!

The mask thing has really cramped our style in so many ways hasn't it, Mr. Black Sheep? I can see how for you it'd be frustrating. It is for me, too, in my own way. You have a legit disability. Me? My frustration is really kind of silly. My O.C.D. tells me to put one on whenever I leave the house, so I have the compulsion. But the damn thing fogs my glasses no matter how I configure it on my face :lol: :lol: :lol: And on humid days breathing with it on can trigger my anxiety if I'm not paying attention to my breathing, kind of like how my respirator that I wear when I paint can trigger it. Anyway, I wear one, and believe it or not I've been in situations out there where somebody had a hard time hearing me. I don't mind pulling my mask down to repeat myself for their sake. It's what? 30 seconds of exposure? I don't think that's too bad at all seeing as how we're usually outside and socially distanced anyway...

And as for 2020, I'm with you. Pandemic. Bad hurricane season down here. I'm ready for it to be over too.

As to the builds, while I originally wanted to complete my 1:32 and 1:72 Zeros together, I think I want to finish the little guy first. I've got a great idea for a base for this project that I'd like to delve further into. It'll be somewhat unconventional, but I'm rather unconventional with my models... More on that later.

My 1:32 Zero is in good shape. It needs insignias under the wings, and the panels which fit just aft of the cowling painted, and the cowling needs more paint as well. That won't be a problem. I'll focus on that once the little one is finished.

I'm gonna move the tank out of here to the armor WIP threads. I've got a great resin set for it that I'll be breaking open this week.

As to the Emil, this week will be more cockpit painting, and probably also assembling the module and test-fitting it into the airframe. My first time with a resin cockpit module. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly. I'll update this thread with the Zeros and the Emil, and whatever other aircraft I do for the time being to keep it all in one place as opposed to littering the forum with threads for builds which could either happen quickly or get paused/dragged out for years :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kenny X
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hey now, I love the Molly Hatchet style pilot on your tag! Nice touch!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”