From Kenny X’s Shelf Of Doom

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: From Kenny X’s Shelf Of Doom

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Hey now, I love the Molly Hatchet style pilot on your tag! Nice touch!
I do believe that is “Eddy” of Iron Maiden fame.... :hmm:

and :P1: for the new avatar! :shoutout:

and the Panzer III that I neglected to praise before, :bow: :bow: :bow: looking fantastic!!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

You are correct. It is from Iron Maiden. I got confused with Molly Hatchet. Molly Hatchet has a different artwork. I’m such a duffus :headslap: :headslap: :headslap: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Molly Hatchet is still a great band though! I have them on my modeling playlist, bookended by Rick Derringer and the Delaware Destroyers. Got some Dokken in there too. And plenty of Iron Maiden of course- they're a big reason why I want to do a Spitfire, "Aces High" is a great song. Frankly, I wish somebody made a 1:72 resin "Eddie" pilot figure because I'd love to use that as an addition to my forthcoming Spitfire project. I'm itching to get that one started but I'm holding off in part to build enthusiasm but also because I haven't done a camouflage job like that before and I figure, if I can pull off the mottled field-applied camo over the old splinter scheme for my Emil, then a Spitfire camo job won't seem as daunting. But you know me. I'm mercurial, and very temperamental, so the order might change :lol: :lol: though I doubt it. My wife is ordering me resin wheels and exhaust stacks for that bird and since we're only on my income now, being that my wife left her job to homeschool our kids and her nieces and nephews, it might take a while to get the cash together. But that's okay.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Welcome back sir! I am trying to get on here more often as well. Oh and you might like the link below

https://www.revell.de/en/products/model ... aiden.html
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Handiabled wrote:Welcome back sir! I am trying to get on here more often as well. Oh and you might like the link below

GAAAAAAAH!!! There we go! Imma order that right away!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Glad to see you back Kenny! Your work is amazing and I've missed seeing it around here. The Panzer III is really looking good.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Floki wrote:Glad to see you back Kenny! Your work is amazing and I've missed seeing it around here. The Panzer III is really looking good.
THANK YOU!! I’m finally 100% happy with a tank I’ve built, FINALLY. And I got me a DAK Pz. IV I’m working on too, which I’ll be mashing up with William Peter Blatty’s “The Exorcist.” I’ll start a thread for my tank projects over in the armor forum here soon to talk about that stuff.
Kenny X
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

KennyX wrote:
Handiabled wrote:Welcome back sir! I am trying to get on here more often as well. Oh and you might like the link below

GAAAAAAAH!!! There we go! Imma order that right away!
LOL! Go get it!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Well now that's two of us with Eddy on our avatar. Mine is from Tailgunner
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

It's great to see you and your builds on the boards again Kenny and I love the new Avatar!

I know what you mean by 2020 sucking - I've been there too man.
KennyX wrote: I'm itching to get that one started but I'm holding off in part to build enthusiasm but also because I haven't done a camouflage job like that before and I figure, if I can pull off the mottled field-applied camo over the old splinter scheme for my Emil, then a Spitfire camo job won't seem as daunting.
Ah you'll have no problem with the RAF camo, it's easy. if you're spraying it (which I assume you are) you should be able to get some masks, but it can be done free hand. What kit do you have/want and what Mk are you going to build?
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”