Short Sunderland MK.I Italeri 1/72

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Short Sunderland MK.I Italeri 1/72

Post by BsYamato »

Recently i unfreezed this little british fliyng boat freezed from this cristhmass
here where actually i worked on, the engines controls wardrobe :lol: :lol:

...so takin advantage of few minutes of relax, starting to post some resume: ..long resume... about 12 pages of thumbnails in my photobucket account :geek:

Box and sprues

the kit includes a PE sheet and , a piece of micro rope and a nice illustrated book about the sunderland.. obliviously

some surface and pieces detail, panel lines are a few deep but i like as only brushes will paint this boat with wings , so i can exagerate with layers withouth lost panels :)

A rapid test fitting, side floats and fliyng surfaces already assembled between respective subassemblies

At the next resume
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: Short Sunderland MK.I Italeri 1/72

Post by CallSignOWL »

oooh, cant wait to see ya work your magic!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Friggin' SWEET! This will be the first one I have actually seen built after all the hoopla when it first came out and then all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about the surface detail. :roll:
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Sign me up, too! I got this one at Hobby Lobby with the coupon. Someday........
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice! I've seen a few builds of this in the magazines. Can't wait to see what you do with it!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Is this a part of your large flying boat collection? Have found that Trumpeter Be-6 yet? Does it really exist?
ImageImageImageImageImage
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

How long you been working on this one mate? I seem to remember seeing this on more than one forum, unless you started again?
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

BorgR3mc0 wrote:Is this a part of your large flying boat collection? Have found that Trumpeter Be-6 yet? Does it really exist?
Announced only :( I fear the only way is to build my old veb plasticart kit to have a be-6..
The Sunderland need few more stretch to close halves, for now just a resume.. Lots of resumes I have post.. Condor, badger, bear, shin meywa, do-24t, ju-290.. Just to remember the largest
And last night a friend bring me the roden's zeppelin staaken :geek:
steve scan

Post by steve scan »

Look forward to seeing this one done, always a favourite of mine built the Airfix one many times as a kid, now the Mk3 is out I may just pick one up, how bad are the panel lines I remember this one getting slated for having trenches?
Getting an education was a bit like getting a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs, then you had the urge to pass it on
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

steve scan wrote:Look forward to seeing this one done, always a favourite of mine built the Airfix one many times as a kid, now the Mk3 is out I may just pick one up, how bad are the panel lines I remember this one getting slated for having trenches?
I think the large appareance of panel lines are not so bad, but it's easy to fill with stretched sprues and green cap tamiya, then rescribe :)

here some comparation with B-17 academy for panel lines

So, more resume:
Some istant subassemblies to reduce the number of pieces and cleaning parts

the tail trail with PE parts

The planes comes with lots of windows .. on the ceiling too

Modify starts from engines cowling, a thinning of back areas

Cutting lots of stripes from plastic sheets, if get ready stripes from evergreen probably could spent more euros for plastic than the kit :geek:

Filling with structures tail areas, some are in double layer to improve the thickness. Before these works i fill some sink mark and sanded inner surfaces

The wings root zone need some extra filling with plastic surplus and milliput putty and tamiya and dremel tool to refine

and start to filling remains areas

First missing bulkead added . Eye-meter used to take measures :D

I'll scratch all missing deck's floors and bulkheads. Between the first and second floor the crew need two ladders.. the tail ladder scratchin

Drill the holes for these operators front steps

Adding details to bombs/torpedo side doors.. i know few things will be vivible from out when the plane finished but i like to scratch inner details :lol: :lol:

bombs trails and pilots seats with PE parts added

At the next with more :)

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”