1/32 A-1H Skyraider U.S. Navy from Zoukei-mura

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Norman
Advanced Member

Re: 1/32 A-1H Skyraider U.S. Navy from Zoukei-mura

Post by Norman »

Yes, I like it, the engine has a nice finish.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thank you, Norman! Glad to have such pictures for most of it will be hidden later with the cowl on... :cry:
wasabi
Advanced Member

Post by wasabi »

I love your engine !
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

wasabi wrote:I love your engine !
Thank you very much! :)
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Working on the huge wings and the folding mechanism a small pin from the rear spar broke off. This pin was moulded with only the half of its diameter to the rear spar, obviously this was not strong enough when working to get the folding outer wing to the centre piece.

A short email to Zoukei-mura and my little problem was solved very fast and exemplary: about a week later I received a parcel from Japan. In there was a lot of protective paper and a plastic bag with the rear spar. Very careful packaging and stunningly fast delivery! Thanks a lot, Zoukei-mura!

Yesterday I spend some time doing the repair job on the wing fold:

I made some few test folds this morning after the glue had enough time to harden. So far all seems to be ok again. Phew... :D
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I also did some detail work on other parts. The grip of the control column has been replaced by a visibly larger resin part from AIMS Resin. Some black colour brushed on and tiny dots of white and red and I call it a day on this one.

Re-painted the seat belts because I did not like the look of them when painted in grey. Maybe it´s not really correct but I like this here better:

Applied some Flory Models Grime wash to the wheel rims to get them some definition. Works great on a glossy surface. Like it!

That´s all for today! Back to work! ;)
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

The propeller has got a new coat of "Deep Cockpit" from LifeColor after having sanded the Future and some paint off. After this I airbrushed a coat of Johnson´s Klear (the British Future) and this time it went on smooth.

Two decals have been applied and did dry over night. Any remains of the decals glue or Microscale Sol (I do not use Microscale Set over Future!) have been washed off with water.

Then I added three more coats of Klear. This will now dry until I have decided how to go on with this.

All warning stripes have been masked and airbrushed. Because the front and back stripes are of different length I had to do each side on its own.

Zoukei-mura´s decals are very crisp and sharp, even the stencils on the prop blades are legible:

Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

This piece, ZM calls it the "anti-drag ring", will be applied to the back of the front part of the engine cowling. I doubt it will be seen later, but I like the detail here and therefore painted and washed it.

One the interior parts for the three moveable air brakes. Painted in red and given two coats of Future, ready for a wash. The macro shot makes this look much more bumpy than it is in reality.

Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Here we have the oil cooler intake below the engine. Again this one has been primed with Alclad Grey Primer and then airbrushed with Gunze acrylics.

Also the two large drop tanks have got the first three thin coats of the underside colour.

Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

I also prepared some of the landing gear parts. The landing gear legs have been assembled, primed and coloured, as have been the LG doors.

The doors:

Hope a wash will get this amazing detail pop out even more! All LG doors will also get their borders outlined in the same red colour as the inner parts of the air brakes.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”