1/48 Hasegawa N1K2-J Shinden-Kai

Post your completed aircraft here.
lawdog114
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Hasegawa N1K2-J Shinden-Kai

Post by lawdog114 »

tempestjohnny wrote:Awesome build Joe
Thanks John, and thanks for helping me figure the image posting out.
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

LyleW wrote:What they said...
Thanks Lyle
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

BlackSheep214 wrote::shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Incredible work!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, what a thrill seeing your sensational work again! Way to go on that one!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Welcome aboard! You are obviously a very talented modeler and its great to see your work here! You probably know many of members better than I do as many of you seem to know each other from other sites. I built the 1/32 N1K2 and the 1/48 N1K1 from Hasegawa so I don't have firsthand experience with the 1/48 N1K2 kit that you are presenting here but your experience is in synch with my observation that Hasegawa usually does a great job with its Japanese subjects. Your finish and weathering are exceptional and I hope that you continue to post here and share your build techniques with us. I'm always looking to learn from excellent modelers like you!

FYI... the correct name for the N1K2-J is Shiden Kai. The Shinden, as you probably know, is that funky canard design from Kyushu...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Medicman71 wrote:Incredible work!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thanks Mike
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Duke Maddog wrote:Wow, what a thrill seeing your sensational work again! Way to go on that one!
Thank you Duke
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

jkim wrote:Welcome aboard! You are obviously a very talented modeler and its great to see your work here! You probably know many of members better than I do as many of you seem to know each other from other sites. I built the 1/32 N1K2 and the 1/48 N1K1 from Hasegawa so I don't have firsthand experience with the 1/48 N1K2 kit that you are presenting here but your experience is in synch with my observation that Hasegawa usually does a great job with its Japanese subjects. Your finish and weathering are exceptional and I hope that you continue to post here and share your build techniques with us. I'm always looking to learn from excellent modelers like you!

FYI... the correct name for the N1K2-J is Shiden Kai. The Shinden, as you probably know, is that funky canard design from Kyushu...
Thanks John. I was actually here before, but had photo linking issues when I switched my current hosting vendor. I decided to come back and give it another shot. So far so good. Yes, this is a newer tooled "Shiden Kai" which appears to be newer Hasegawa technology. It's up there with their Ki-84 in detail and engineering. It was a joy to build. I will build another one for me eventually (sans the heavy paint peeling) as I now prefer this over the N1K1 visually.

Return to “Completed Builds”