Hobbycraft 1/48 La-5FN speed build

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Hobbycraft 1/48 La-5FN speed build

Post by Stikpusher »

So here it is, all finished in a bit over 80 hours. Hobbycraft’s 1/48 La-5FN built OOB. I did modify a few parts with files or filler here and there, but nothing beyond that. I also used the kit decals, which surprisingly worked very well.

Now it’s all packaged up for travel to my great nephew and delivery to him over the weekend
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: Hobbycraft 1/48 La-5FN speed build

Post by jeaton01 »

Well done, Carlos!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Such a good looking plane. Great speed build Stik
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

John & John, thank you! I’m happy to hear that you like this build. A fun old school no frills project. The aircraft itself and paint scheme are really attractive :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice speed build, Carlos. I love those WW2 era Russian fighters.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Tom! Those WWII Russian planes are growing on me. I don’t know why I held off so long to build this one.

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Looks sweet! Nice job
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Declan. This was a fun quickie.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Beautiful job Carlos! Your nephew is gonna love this! It sure feels great to just bang out an OOB build like this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Fantastic build Carlos - that came out really well. Your nephew is going to love it!

I love how people keep referring to this as old school - I still build mine like that!!! :hmm:
Stikpusher wrote: The aircraft itself and paint scheme are really attractive :hmm:
I'd totally agree with that, the Ruskies had some nice looking aircraft in WWII and the winter scheme they had on them look really nice - especially with the contrasting red stars.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Completed Builds”