The Duke's Latest Aircraft

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke's Latest Aircraft

Post by Stikpusher »

True that Blacksheep. But if there is an off the shelf alternative that gives me an excuse to visit on of the local shops.... :wink: Much more fun than shopping online because you never know what else at the shop may catch your attention... :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Thats a really great build,love the markings Duke.Is that a Japanese licensed F-16 ?
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for the replies guys.

Joe, I appreciate that. I have a second one since that was a dual model kit. I hope I can make it look as good if not better.

Blacksheep, thanks for the info. I do like Carlos' idea though, buying from a local shop off the shelf. Besides, I don't know that I could afford that set.

Tony thanks. While the F-2A was loosely based on the F-16, it is not a licensed built Falcon. It is a fully original, indigenous designed Japanese aircraft. It is slightly larger than a Falcon and in many ways, it outperforms an F-16.

Thanks again everyone for the great compliments.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark, do you have a recent F-16 build that you could pose side by side with the F-2 for a comparison?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Thanks for the explanation,that is really cool,never knew.Will have to do some research.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

The Mr Color paint set is the bee's knees (although I am incredibly biased in favor of all the Mr Hobby products). What a beautiful aircraft, Mark! I'm sure your Japanese Air Force is very pleased now that you have made the delivery!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Love that F-2!! I really want to get one. :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Mark, do you have a recent F-16 build that you could pose side by side with the F-2 for a comparison?
Carlos, if you look back in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread, I have taken several pictures from various angles showing this and my Italian F-16 side by side to show the differences. If you like, I can try and shoot a pic of both aircraft next to each other now that both are finished. Let me know.

You're welcome Tony. Glad to have helped.

Thanks Bruce! This plane was painted with Testor's enamels. Right now with funds being so tight, I can barely afford replacement paints, much less Mr. Hobby ones. And yes, my Japanese commander is very pleased with his new addition.

I'd highly recommend one Medic! Go for it. I have a second one to build which might happen soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A beautiful build Mark!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Stuart! I appreciate it.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds”