1/48 AMT P-40F

Post your completed aircraft here.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 AMT P-40F

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Doesn’t the Lancaster have the V wire set up? Meaning fuselage to each tail rudder. Unless I’m confused or mistaken for another RAF aircraft. :bag:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It very well could. I am not familiar with the antenna configuration on the Lanc. But it might have a set up from fuselage single feed point to each vertical stabilizer.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Don't browse this forum as much as I should! Very nice P-40, Carlos. I'm not familiar with AMT kits but I'll echo what the others have said about the finely molded details on this one. Great color choice! Not sure about the wheel hub color though.... :giggles:
John aka JKim
-----------<><
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

jkim wrote:Don't browse this forum as much as I should! Very nice P-40, Carlos. I'm not familiar with AMT kits but I'll echo what the others have said about the finely molded details on this one. Great color choice! Not sure about the wheel hub color though.... :giggles:
When I was growing up as a youngster I always thought of the AMT / Ertl kits to be substandard to Revell/ Monogram kits. As I've gotten older and have ventured out I've found that the AMT kits, although not perfect in every way, are a lot better than I ever gave them credit for. Details are crisper a lot of times and although there is a lot of flash to deal with on the kits that I've built from them, once they're cleaned up they finish up very nicely. This is just another example of a great turn out. Very nice work Carlos. This thing is one for the books and definitely worth bringing forward yet one more page.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, AMT was something of a lesser brand for 1/48 aircraft kits in the 70s. The only real selling point was their subjects were not kitted by anyone else at that time. In the 80s they acquired some ESCI and Otaki/Arii molds, and released those under their label, and while those were better kits than what they released before, they were not state of the art. In the 90s they did a few new tool moldings like this P-40, as well as the A-20 and F7F families that were a huge improvement over what their old stuff was and at the low end of state of the art at that time. With a little extra TLC, they can really look sweet.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

She’s a beauty. Of your recent projects, this one holds in memory because of your superb execution of color, shape and form. It just does justice to the original aircraft and like all of your projects it shares a profound respect for those who served. I remember asking my grandfather if he ever saw any planes because what did I know really about his service and he said pretty simply, “We always felt better when we knew they were around.” He didn’t sugarcoat the truth. That’s what I appreciate most about your work—it’s done by someone whose knowledge of service is first hand. It was earned. That’s in addition to your ass kicking modeling skills.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Bruce. As always, your eloquence is most thoughtful. And yes, especially in cases like this one, the research leads to a tribute effect in the build as more is learned about the men who flew these machines into battle in far flung locations.

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Great work Stil! I like that desert camouflage.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Completed Builds”