Completed for 2019

Post your completed aircraft here.
LyleW
Admin

Completed for 2019

Post by LyleW »

It was a strange year. Wife had some issues, I was still recovering from knee replacement surgery and our youngest granddaughter went through 2 or three more surgeries. But, God is good. In spite of all that,

The Revell 1/48 A-10

The Willilams 1/72 Boeing 247

The oh so ill-fitting Monogram 1/48 Tri-pacer..ancient kit. Made the stars and scallop masks. Never took any final pictures, though.

A Monogram 1/32 Me-109G

Added a couple tot he shelf of doom and a few to the trash bin. Not one of the better years, but there were completions. Still plugging away on the PT-109, Herbie and the Vulcan.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Completed for 2019

Post by Stikpusher »

All in all I’d say you had a productive year. Especially considering the real life dealings that were there to be handled. Perhaps not the most productive, but I do recall some of your kits fighting you quite a bit. So a well done to you sir! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

All look good! I think every kit has fought you at some point this year.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Carlos and Clint - Thanks! A lot was self inflicted, but, yes there were kit issues, too. I’m sure my choices contributed as did the lack of “production”.i tend to get bogged down, this year I hope to worry less about the AMS and simply build more to get the skills back up to par...or at least double bogey!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

That's impressive to finish that many kits with all the real life issues. Wishing health and happiness to you and yours in 2020!
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

At least he got 4 kits done this year. Three more than me - which I was able to get the Starsky & Hutch Torino finished this year. Although my hobby acquisitions has increased in 2019... :bag:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote:That's impressive to finish that many kits with all the real life issues. Wishing health and happiness to you and yours in 2020!
Thank you so much!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote:At least he got 4 kits done this year. Three more than me - which I was able to get the Starsky & Hutch Torino finished this year. Although my hobby acquisitions has increased in 2019... :bag:
And, the Torino was an outstanding piece!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thank you, Lyle.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Carlos and Clint - Thanks! A lot was self inflicted, but, yes there were kit issues, too. I’m sure my choices contributed as did the lack of “production”.i tend to get bogged down, this year I hope to worry less about the AMS and simply build more to get the skills back up to par...or at least double bogey!
That sounds like an excellent plan. AMS kills the speed and flow... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”