1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington's 17740

Post your completed aircraft here.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington's 17740

Post by Floki »

An absolute beautiful build, I learned a lot from this one like I do in all of your builds, thank you for sharing it with us.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

This build needs just one word to describe it:

Perfect.

Nothing more, nothing less.

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

It would be hard for me to express my excitement in German, but it's impossible in every other.But anyway, I'll try:
I normally scroll over the pics of finished builds in diverse forums and it's quite rare that my attention get sucked into one of them. But this is pure pleasure watching. Thank you for sharing this journey with us, John!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Floki wrote:An absolute beautiful build, I learned a lot from this one like I do in all of your builds, thank you for sharing it with us.
Thank you and your welcome, Clint! I also learned a lot from this build. I'm amazed at how far ahead Tamiya is in terms of molding/engineering but I think that can result in builds that are, at least physically, similar. On other builds, I know my rivet lines are unique but on this Corsair, the surface detail is exactly the same as any other Tamiya Corsair build.
KSaarni wrote:This build needs just one word to describe it:

Perfect.

Nothing more, nothing less.

- Kari
Thank you Kari! Alas... no build is perfect but I appreciate your kind words.
mostrich wrote:It would be hard for me to express my excitement in German, but it's impossible in every other.But anyway, I'll try:
I normally scroll over the pics of finished builds in diverse forums and it's quite rare that my attention get sucked into one of them. But this is pure pleasure watching. Thank you for sharing this journey with us, John!
Thank you Torben! It's fun sharing the progress of a build with an appreciative community. Especially given the ebbs and flows and the unplanned six month hiatus from model building. I have certain ideas and visions of how a build will turn out but the actual model at the end is always unique and unanticipated.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man did I ever miss this one...... :headslap:

This...…...is the level of modeling that I'm working towards. I'm not there yet but builds like this are the standard to go by for getting better at modeling for me. You did one helluva job on this one John. My hat goes off to you good sir. :shoutout:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I am overwhelmed at the quality of this immaculate build. Stunning! Stupendous! Phenomenal! None of these words truly reflect the sheer magnitude of quality shown here.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

mustang1989 wrote:Man did I ever miss this one...... :headslap:

This...…...is the level of modeling that I'm working towards. I'm not there yet but builds like this are the standard to go by for getting better at modeling for me. You did one helluva job on this one John. My hat goes off to you good sir. :shoutout:
Thank you! Modeling for me is always about the process and not so much the result. And I really enjoyed the process on this particular build. Part of that was how well the Tamiya kit is engineered. It's head and shoulders above anything else that I've experienced. It was almost too good... if that makes any sense. Externally, there is nothing added so physically, it is just like any other Tamiya Corsair build. Lesser kits allow the modeler the opportunity to add details.
Duke Maddog wrote:I am overwhelmed at the quality of this immaculate build. Stunning! Stupendous! Phenomenal! None of these words truly reflect the sheer magnitude of quality shown here.
Thanks Duke! You're too kind! I'm just glad that I was able to put one of these iconic naval fighters on my build list.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Excellent build!! The paint work is insane!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Thanks Mike! Appreciate it!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Norman

Post by Norman »