Testors /Hawk Me-163 Komet

Post your completed aircraft here.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: Testors /Hawk Me-163 Komet

Post by Gary Brantley »

Stikpusher wrote:
Texgunner wrote: It seems like every model project now quickly spirals "out of control" in one way or another. A quick and easy build is good for one's soul no doubt!
So very true!
Yeah, and now I'm thinking if I bought that Goose kit, it might need some enhancements... :lol:
And just like that, there goes the simple build... :headslap:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very nice!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks for the support Blacksheep! :bow:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Texgunner wrote: Yeah, and now I'm thinking if I bought that Goose kit, it might need some enhancements... :lol:
Uhh, their ain’t much to enhance. Pretty basic kit....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Yeah, and now I'm thinking if I bought that Goose kit, it might need some enhancements... :lol:

Uhh, their ain’t much to enhance. Pretty basic kit....

Ah, but grasshopper, more basic is kit, the more it need enhancement! (was a big Kung Fu fan back in the day... :mrgreen: )

I am so tempted to get one Lyle. Easy peasy with Amazon. I really need more kits taunting me from those shelves. :grin:

Amazon has those two-fer deals too...buy the Goose and the Lindberg "Gutless Cutlass" together, or the Cutlass and the Lindberg F-11 Tiger. Oh my, the enhancements those two would need! :wink:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

F11F... I’m jonesing for one of those... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Me too Carlos! Why doesn't someone make a nice, new version of one these days? That would really be a treat! :grin:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Airfix is taking care of Brit Jets from that era in 1/48. I would love to see Revell take care of the USAF/USN types from that era. They make very good new tool kits that are more affordable than Trumpeter/Hobbyboss.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

GARY!!!!! Glad to see you back around pal!! I've been away for a wee little bit myself. Life stuff but looks like we're getting it all under control. Good going on the Komet!! Love these birds and you did a swell job on this one here.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks for the welcome back Mustang! And for the kind comments regarding the old Komet! She is an oldie for sure; I can just about recall building it on the kitchen table in my Grandma's crib way back then! Hell, I don't think I had even turned 40 yet...where did all those years go?!?! :lol:

Return to “Completed Builds”