1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Post your completed aircraft here.
jkim
Elite Member

1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Post by jkim »

Here is my recently completed 1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 build of Erich Hartmann's Double Chevron.

The aftermarket items used in this build include:
1. MDC Bf109G-14 Cockpit Set
2. MDC Bf109G Tail Wheel
3. RB Productions Bf109G-6 Wheel Wells
4. Resin exhausts (maker unknown)
5. Strategic Ordnance Works Bf109G Landing Gear
6. Barracuda Bf109G-6 Spinner and Prop
7. Barracuda Bf109G-6 Oil Cooler Fairing

Major markings were painted with custom cut masks from my Silhouette Portrait cutter. AK Real Color paints were used to establish the underlying RLM74/75/76 camo. Tamiya and Mr Hobby Aqueous paints were also used.

The complete build log can be found here:
http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =20&t=4747
John aka JKim
-----------<><
jeaton01
Elite Member

Re: 1/32 Hasegawa Bf109G-14 Hartmann Double Chevron

Post by jeaton01 »

She's a beauty, John! I really enjoyed watching the progress of the build.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Another beautiful build for the display shelf John! I learned a lot from following this build just like I do from all of your work.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh man... that is beautiful!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

What's a guy say to THAT??? Just an unbelievable turn out. Paint and weathering is out of sight as is the details. That right there is a build to be proud of is all I've gotta say. WOW!! :shocked:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow! Put that against a scenic background and shoot it in a sepia or black and white setting on your camera and there would be no telling the difference between your model and a real period historical photo! What a stupendous job! Words fail me....
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Another beauty of a build! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: I can only imagine how your display shelves look... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

jeaton01 wrote:She's a beauty, John! I really enjoyed watching the progress of the build.
Thanks John! I'm glad you liked the build!

Floki wrote:Another beautiful build for the display shelf John! I learned a lot from following this build just like I do from all of your work.
Thanks Clint! I actually learn alot during my builds too. Wasn't sure how to approach the segmented winter camo and jumped into it without having a clear idea in my head. The chipping fluid issues forced me to change my approach and it just worked itself out in the end.

BlackSheep214 wrote:Oh man... that is beautiful!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you Tom!

mustang1989 wrote:What's a guy say to THAT??? Just an unbelievable turn out. Paint and weathering is out of sight as is the details. That right there is a build to be proud of is all I've gotta say. WOW!! :shocked:
Thank you Joe! I still have a lot to learn when it comes to paint and weathering but the learning process has been very enjoyable. It seems like each build presents a set of challenges and this one wasn't free of difficulties.

Duke Maddog wrote:Wow! Put that against a scenic background and shoot it in a sepia or black and white setting on your camera and there would be no telling the difference between your model and a real period historical photo! What a stupendous job! Words fail me....
Thanks Duke! There is a lot of interpretation that goes into these WW2 builds. I think that is one of the reasons why I enjoy them versus a modern jet. I mean, you know exactly what a modern jet looks like because of the high quality photos and videos that are available. But with these older warbirds, the end of the build process usually gives me a "whoa... is that what it may have looked like?" feeling. Like a box of chocolates...

Stikpusher wrote:Another beauty of a build! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: I can only imagine how your display shelves look... :hmm:
Thanks Carlos! 100% of my large scale builds are destined for overseas. Right now I have a backlog of deliveries to make but normally my display shelves are devoid of the 1/32 models. I still have a collection of my older 1/48 builds though.
John aka JKim
-----------<><
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I'm a little late but :wow: absolutely stunning
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Incredible work!!!