Post your completed aircraft here.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Laird-Turner Meteor Lindgerg 1/32

Post by keavdog »

Nice Lyle. Good looking airplane!
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks. I am mostly happy with it, but...
The more I look at the model -vs- the NASM example, I do not like how the longer ones are represented at all! No sir, I do not like it. Had a giant brain fart last night and very briefly considered trying to do something about it. Then sanity took over.

Still have the bloody remains of the Gee Bee and may try some things on that.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

Nice one Lyle!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, John. Appreciate the CA info, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Lyle, when I built that model I filled all the stringer valleys, they are very overstated. Lots of times I get deeply involved in fixing a kit, other times I just want a replica for my display case and some quick fun. With a project like the Turner Special, I can only do it in small bits, with other relief by doing other projects, or it's just too frustrating. There is a lot of times when you have to redo work in an area you thought was done and if I try to do it in one shot I'm usually disappointed with the results due to my lack of patience. One of the things I have learned by watching others is that the best modelers are very good at fixing mistakes and goof ups. Better at that than us mortals. For me, learning how to fix mistakes is the first step in not making them in the first place. But being a creative person, I'm always finding new ways to mess up. I don't remember how long it took to build the Turner Special, and although it is pretty good I do wish I had worked on the control surfaces a little more. My windshield and canopy are not quite right either, I wish I had that 3/4 view photo posted earlier when I built the model.

Here's a link to my build log, I did some research and drawings for an RC model at the same time I built the plastic model and the decals are reductions of those I made for the RC model.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/Turn ... pecial.htm
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

John, first of all...that is a magnificent build! Great additions.

You are pretty much spot on with your comments. I have no patience. None. Zip. Nada. That has doomed more than one build, and then frustration sets in. Vicious cycle. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's a cracking looking build Lyle - Well done!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks so much, Stuart! I am enjoying your photos on FB. You should post them here!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Lyle - glad you're liking them!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, what a spectacular build Lyle! Personally, I also think the longerons are definitely out of scale; but they do give the model some character in my opinion. Your finish looks magnificent! Way to go Lyle and congrats on finishing one again! :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Completed Builds”