1/35 AFV Club Churchill Mk V

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: 1/35 AFV Club Churchill Mk V

Post by Thomas_M »

Got my ordered Eureka tow cables today. Adding them to the hull will be the last step before a coat of primer. When? No idea. Will get a wisedom tooth pulled on Wednesday, so I am afraid there will be a break in this build...
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Eureka cables have been cut to length and glued on. Turret and chassis got a coat of flat black Alclad primer as a base coat. Clear periscopes have been brush painted in silver on the rear. Then airbrushed with MiG´s crystal green for periscopes on the front. These are drying now.

No pictures yet, sorry...
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Following!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Back in Black!

Some iPhone pics of the primed tank. Click the pics to see them large!

Green spot shows the test application of the "Mike Starmer Tamiya mix - 5 pts XF 61 + 2pts XF62 + 2 pts XF3".
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Love me some black primer!

What is your technique of choice? Several opaque layers of thin paint? Pre shading with white and grey tones?
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

mostrich wrote:Love me some black primer!

What is your technique of choice? Several opaque layers of thin paint? Pre shading with white and grey tones?
My technique? No technique!!!

Just kidding... I try to make use of the black base coat by creating shadows by airbrushing the next tones from above, less from below the vehicle. My MRAP shown here on the forum was also black based, and it still shows some nice subtle shadows. But first I will have to mix a lot more of this green olive drab hue...
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Another set of iPhone pictures to proof you that this one still is active. The tank now has got the British Olive Green, mixed from Tamiya paints as previously mentioned. I then made another mix of this green colour, but this time a lighter version. Using this I painted some highlights using the airbrush and a hairy stick. Hope it shows on the pictures...

(As usual, pictures get larger when you click them!)

The model now has got about three coats of Aclad Clear Gloss. Also, the wooden parts of the tools and the machine guns have been painted. More to come!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That paint coat color looks just right! And the highlights are very effective as well.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Thank you, Carlos! It is fascinating to see how the colour changes when taking pictures from different angles! The model looks much darker now, having been glossed.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

The Churchill is still on the bench! As proof a picture showing the tool handles and the exhaust pipes having been painted:

The last two days I gave the hull a coat of tinted Future to enhance the shadows. This will take another round as the effect is very hard to see so far.

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”