1/48 Tamiya Tiger I (late)

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Re: 1/48 Tamiya Tiger I (late)

Post by kahunaminor »

speedgraflex wrote:Feels good seeing your progress, Kent! Very exciting! Los Angeles is about to experience yet another heat wave which starts tomorrow... I was weighing the options to do a "speed build" on the Bulldog but no—it's going to take as long as it takes. Thanks for your wisdom. Cheers.
Thanks Bruce,
Take care during the heat wave, those wildfires are just horrific. I fear this season may be a hard one for us as well.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I have to admit that the mercurial nature of Australia’s climate and its zones from North to South are incredibly unpredictable and challenging to figure out—especially if it is possible to cycle through all seasons in one day, which does apparently happen.... With the current heat wave wreaking changes from the smallest man made mishap (sparks from a blown tire started the Carr Fire), we really have to respect Mother Nature completely! I don’t know; I may work on drive wheels tonight and tomorrow, because I am enjoying your progress, and your work is quite impeccable, and photographed so following your steps is a pleasure and I am hoping your “Can do!” spirit rubs off.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Mister, you sure know your way around modeling. This is entertainment at its best right here!! :shoutout:
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Sharing the love on the bench this morning. AKI acrylic glosscoat for the Tiger and some touch up work with RLM 76 on a filled panel on the G-5:

Regards,
Kent in Oz
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

WOW!

:wow:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Great show so far. Good scale reference shot between the two builds.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks good! Now for the best part of armor modeling, the weathering!!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

mustang1989 wrote:Great show so far. Good scale reference shot between the two builds.
I hadn’t noticed until you drew my attention to it but the basis of a future diorama idea has now stuck in my head.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Welcome back!

It has been a while as I have been busy with life and the 109G-5. Today’s update is simple but a milestone. I have completed the wash process with AKI “Neutral Grey” overall. It is still wet here and there may be some fine tuning but I like what I see. I adopted the “just when you think you should add a bit more...Stop!” method. After this will be the flat coat and then pigments, and other dirty stuff:

Regards,
Kent in Oz

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”