KENNY X HAS A TANK

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Floki
Elite Member

Re: KENNY X HAS A TANK

Post by Floki »

Thanks for that info Carlos it was a good read.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You’re quite welcome Kenny and Clint. Those few paragraphs bring the vehicle’s purpose and memory alive. I am curious as to how they fared thru the rest of the campaign now. Something to research... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks for the link photo too! I’m gonna cut more per that spec and post back.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Good. Those open ends caught my eye big time. There are also plenty of AM Panzer III/IV track link sets out there, to build up a stash for such purposes. They both used the same track. Early types with a 36 cm wise track and later types with a 40 can wide track.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Carlos,

Yessir!

And as it happens, I am going to buy tracks for this kit, as well as a second set from the same MFG for this purpose as well. These look cool for helping visualize but when the time comes to actually get them on there, I want better ones. What’s more, the Dragon tracks are nice, but I think AM tracks would be even better. So I’m going to do some shopping for tracks here soon.

Meanwhile, al the fiddly bits I like to install pre-painting are installed! So priming and painting can commence:

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I checked out the link, too, heh, link-links, tanks, tanks, tanks! The work you are doing looks brilliant!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you Bruce!!

Yeah buddy those extra links used as makeshift armor ought to really bring out the surly amphibious reptile spirit of this thing. I’ll do some homework on what tracks I want to go with and we’ll go from there.

Meanwhile, this bad-boy is getting primed tomorrow morning first thing, and then tomorrow after work the highlights are going down. I’ve been distilling the painting procedure in my mind, and I’m excited to give it a go on this model. Really excited!
Kenny X
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow, I finally got to catch up on this and man there is some awesome information here. Kenny, you're doing fantastic with that and it sure is looking more and more like that turtle you posted.

John, I also loved the pics of you in front of your childhood home and exploring the creek behind your old house. I also would love to see my childhood home in Tidemill Farms near Langley AFB.

This is an awesome Thread! Keep it going Kenny!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks Duke!! Old Snapper is getting primed tomorrow -I had to push that back in favor of finishing that Emil. I’m going to document the painting process on here as thoroughly and attentively as I can, as Bruce suggested it might be worthwhile and beneficial for you and the rest of my pals here, and for me too because I’m much better at retaining what I learn when I take notes and document it. I’m playing with this new way of adding tonal variation and highlights and stuff. I want to see if I can distill it and codify it. It’ll be a fun experiment. My tank stuff is all experimentation up to this point and it’s served me pretty well so far, so I’m excited to see where this one goes.
Kenny X
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looking forward to seeing how this looks once you get some primer on it.

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”