Stikpusher

Re: 1/48 Carrier Tractors

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Nice touch! Now motorized them... :giggles:
And make them R/C...

:giggles:

:stirpot:

:whistle:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Oh wow!! This looks like a very nice kit!
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I was going to prime and paint them today but it would seem that I'm out of primer. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote:I was going to prime and paint them today but it would seem that I'm out of primer. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Hobby Lobby.... :hmm: oh yeah, they’re closed on sundays... :nono:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Hobby Lobby closed on Sundays is a joke. :whistle: :ballbat:

Nowadays some stores have bankers hours. Macy’s closes at 8. Nobody stays open til 9:30 pm anymore. :bored:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well they are keeping true to their founders beliefs. I don’t fault them for that. I don’t mind a little less hustle and bustle in the world. Having worked in careers that are 24/7/365 since I was 18, I begrudge no one some time off for whatever their reasoning.
I really feel sorry for folks in retail at the holiday season. That has gone ridiculously overboard.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I hear ya, Carlos. I dread the holiday shopping season every year. It’s all about the money and who made the most on Black Friday or Thanksgiving night. Thanksgiving should be about being with family, not rushing out the door to catch the best holiday deals.

I may plan on doing most of my holiday shopping online instead of fighting the crowds and parking spaces this year. Or even taking a day or two off during the week while everyone is at work.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Wow! A really cool little subject for a build Mike - looking forward to seeing them come together. So are you going to make the EA-6B to go with them? :whistle:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Thanks guys!

Portman- I wish I had a EA-6B. That's on my "extreme want" list along with an E-2 Hawkeye.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Very cool! Ground equipment keeps ‘em flying and is sadly under represented in all scales for all eras and nations.
:that: I would love to see more ground equipment done as well.

Medic, I feel embarrassed now; I have two E-2C's; one of which is under construction right now; one US Navy, the other an Israeli bird. The Israeli one is an extreme shelf queen right now. I do need to pull it out and finish it. Of course, mine are in 1/72 scale; I know you prefer the larger scale one.

These are looking excellent so far. Bring them home man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”