The Duke's Patton Group Build Patton and Tribute Build

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Patton Group Build Patton and Tribute Build

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks for the great comments and compliments guys! I appreciate it!

Yes Kevin, occasionally they have a few clear parts to mask in 1/35th scale. I've even encountered them in 1/72 scale with Tiger Models and Flyhawk. Thanks for the compliments.

Thanks Floki! No, I didn't prime that first. I guess I should have... :headslap:

Stay tuned, hopefully more to come soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

You could always gently strip the mantlet and primer coat it... otherwise I am not sure how well paint will hold up. How’s the paint curing so far, Duke?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Actually Bruce, I don't think that will be necessary. It is slowly drying to a more flat appearance. I also tried recently to modulate the color but my airbrush didn't handle it very well and spat out too much paint. Gonna go back over it later with the original color. I might even experiment by toning down the lighter color with easy, thin coats of the base color.

Stay tuned. With the four smaller armor models done; I can start doing more to this, along with focusing on my tank transporters.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Stikpusher wrote:
keavdog wrote:Lots of progress. Didnt realize you have to have glass to mask in the armor world. That and roadwheels!

sometimes... :headslap:
LOL!!

Progress is looking great so far Mark. :bow:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Joe! Hopefully I can move forward on this soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

It has been awhile, but here is the finished Patton tank that I did for my Tribute Build in commemoration for all the friends I lost:

Chad Lebo aka Zod

Cliff aka New Mex

Rich Durham

and Carl aka Shellback,

And one other friend that some former LEMurs may recognize: Ken Tinsley whom I've heard has not been doing very well. This tank is done as one from his old unit.

And now here it is after all this time: my 1/35th scale Dragon M-48A3 Patton tank; the second only 1/35th scale tank I ever built. (My first was a Pz-38t done when I was eight)

Yes, the gun does look misaligned in this last pic; it is an optical illusion as I've already checked it for true.

And there it is; thank you for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Congratulations on your tribute, Mark. You certainly created a fitting piece to memorialize those model builders you have known and befriended. With them, you share a special bond. I think what is most important is to carry the project forward, showcasing your talent regardless of scale. You give those who have seen your work in 1/72 an especially unique glimpse into a “What if?” In this case, your glimpse is into a world where you build in 1/35 scale. I’m sure there is an alt-universe Mark who calls himself “Prince” who only builds large scale models. He lives someplace cold, far from any ocean, in his own magic cave. The connection you share would be fearless building and confidence in your abilities.

All the best to you, Mark.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Excellent build Mark! You should build more in 1/35th
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Floki wrote:Excellent build Mark! You should build more in 1/35th

:P1:

:wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

A very well done build with a touching story behind it.
Maybe you should rest your eyes on 1/35 more often, Mark. :wink:
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”