Kenny X’s Eclectic Armor Projects

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
KennyX
Elite Member

Kenny X’s Eclectic Armor Projects

Post by KennyX »

It has taken me a good while but I have accepted the fact that I’m the type of modeler who needs a round-robin of projects to work on, the more the better on The Shelf Of Doom at any given time. And I don’t want to spam the forum with a whole lot of projects that may never be completed, so much the same as how I’ll be logging my aircraft WIP’s, I’m just bundling all my armor WIP’s in one thread. That way everything I do can be documented in one place for easy reference if, by chance, I do or develop something which can help you.

Also, I’m coming to realize that each project creates and over-all picture of the modeler. And that evolution is worth documenting too. And it’s easier for me if it’s all in one place.

So let’s get going,

Here we have a Panzer III, from Dragon that I’ve been working on. I don’t remember what happened with my last Panzer III or why I ended up hating it so much. I think it had a lot to do with how heavy-handed I was with the oil paints, I began that project at the tail end of my “Weather everything as heavily as possible because I can and it’s armor so who cases” phase. And that no longer works for me. At all. With this project, I wanted a lot of subtle weathering, small, almost minuscule chipping, good use of pigments, reserved, conservative use of oils. I’m pleased with how it’s coming along and I have a beautiful stowage set I’ll be adding to this with, in the coming days and weeks.

This one is a Panzer IV, DAK. Y’all know I like the Afrika Korps. For this build, I envision a mashup between WWII and The Exorcist in the form of a small diorama where the tank is passing by a statue of Pazuzu in Libya and the commander becomes possessed.

I like this project in particular because I’ll get to sculpt clay and I’ve always enjoyed that.

I’ll update this thread as progress happens.

Thank you for your interest in my models.
Last edited by KennyX on Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Kenny X’s Eclectic Armor Projects

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Following this one. Looking forward to see the stowage on the Panzer III.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The Mk.III is looking excellent! :headslap: And I’m looking forward to seeing what you’re gonna do with the Mk.IV. I’m definitely going to watch these projects.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Again great looking Panzer III! I'm with you on having a bunch of projects going. Between modeling and learning about my new resin 3d printer my work area is cluttered right now also working on a wooden ship kit right now too and that's a entire new skill set to learn.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

This is a test, forum has been telling me my posts contain too few characters.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. I quoted each of you and tried to thank you each individually but when I tried to post it the forum told me “your post contains too few characters”... weird. So I’m trying it again without quotes...

Still isn’t working. I wrote up a post with pics but the error keeps popping up. I’ll try again tomorrow. I’ve had a frustrating evening. I need to unplug and decompress.
Kenny X
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Could be some imbedded special character you can’t see. I’ll send this to Thomas to open a ticket.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Okay one more try. Here’s the stowage from Panzer Art:

Kenny X
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

LyleW wrote:
KennyX wrote:Thank you gentlemen for the kind words. I quoted each of you and tried to thank you each individually but when I tried to post it the forum told me “your post contains too few characters”... weird. So I’m trying it again without quotes...

Still isn’t working. I wrote up a post with pics but the error keeps popping up. I’ll try again tomorrow. I’ve had a frustrating evening. I need to unplug and decompress.
Could be some imbedded special character you can’t see. I’ll send this to Thomas to open a ticket.
Lyle,

Gracias! I was able to rewrite a post and share it, with my pics so that’s good. But it is worth support looking into.
Kenny X
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Okay so as to the stowage. This set by Panzer Art is great! Wonderful detail, and it comes with extra boxes and Jerry cans and helmets and all kinds of nifty stuff,

I thought using the big piece there at the back would be overkill. The problem is, without it, the stuff on the fenders make the composition look unbalanced...

... SO, I’m going to paint And weather all of these anyway, for practice and the fun of the creative outlet, and just kind of see where it takes me. Why not? It’ll be fun, and if I end up using some or all of it, right on. At least the tank is 99% complete, that’s what’s important. All the rest of this stuff is just gravy. It won’t make or break the project. It’ll only add to it.

As to the Panzer IV, I’ll find time to construct the wheels and rollers this week too, no problem there! Oh! And my figures got shipped today too! So Pazuzu and his crew are on their way! :grin:
Kenny X

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”