Italeri MB40 Semovente

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Italeri MB40 Semovente

Post by lawman56 »

Although it's been quite the busy summer, my bench hasn't been completely idle. The down side is that I either spend time building, or taking pictures. I opted to build. My latest creation is an old (1960s) Italeri 1/35 MB40 75/18 Semovente SP gun. You rarely hear this, but the Italians were actually pretty "war machine" savvy at the beginning. That includes their aircraft and ships as well. As a friend so eloquently put it, "nice looking meatball launcher". :tongue:

Since I only took 2-3 WIP pics, I'll add them in here so you can get an idea of some of my detail add ons.

I call it "Mario Cart 1942" :giggles:

Here we see Mario in the driver seat. Seems to be a bit dirty and greasy. Anyone else wonder how they kept from getting an arm tangled in the driveshaft?

Added some scratch built ammo storage. Mostly because it can be seen through the open hatches.

Sand is brutal to paint. Fyi-the color I used is Model Master Exhaust buffing metalizer. I dry brush it on in random patterns, but try to apply it especially to sprocket teeth, exhaust, edges, etc...

Here it is complete with Luigi and Guido.

As always, thanks for looking!

I have 3 other projects that are being worked on as well. My PBR and 1/32 Macchi Mc200, which will most likely be shown finished, and my Hs129b2, which I am taking a lot of pics of, since I promised a long time ago to post it as a WIP.
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Italeri MB40 Semovente

Post by BlackSheep214 »

What a finish! Well done!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I like it! Has that nice well worn look typically seen in North Africa. :hmm: But I might suggest some of the Miniart Italian Tank Crew figures... those guys really will bring it up a few notches.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Nice !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

Thanks for the compliments! It was actually a quick, fun build. Took me all of 2 weekends!

Carlos, I was looking at the tank crew, and decided to save that for when I build a Carro Aramato
Joe

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

The more I look at it, the more I want yours... just like I wanted stik's B-26 Marauder kit. :giggles: An awesome build!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:The more I look at it, the more I want yours... just like I wanted stik's B-26 Marauder kit. :giggles: An awesome build!

For a small fee...... :giggles:
Joe

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”