Hobby Boss Kraz-255B Russian Truck

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
dmminiatures
Master Member

Hobby Boss Kraz-255B Russian Truck

Post by dmminiatures »

Hi All, So here it the final look of the Kraz. Lesson learnt from the build was that it felt like building a ship. one other this was that building trucks was rather in-glamorous (doesn't shoot or blow things up, has no turret or fancy tracks etc LOL). If had a chance to do the kit again, I would probably:

• - Leave the wheels until the last moment
    - Substitute the parking stick and rear-view mirror with copper
    - Add the engine after the compartment and driver's cabin was installed
    - weather the clear windshield a bit with dust

Monty / dmminiatures
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Hobby Boss Kraz-255B Russian Truck

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Well done! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
dmminiatures
Master Member

Post by dmminiatures »

Thanks, BlackSheep!
Monty / dmminiatures
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

That's a great worn and dusty finish. Exactly how the cliche of a Russian cold war truck should look like, lol!
One disadvantage of vinyl tires is, that it's so hard to make them look weight. I once saw a smart solution for it: A modeler made a hole in the tire and blind hole in the rim. Then he put a screw with a flat heat through the tire and screwed it into the rim. With every turn of the screw he was able to adjust the "saggyness" of the tire. Will try that one day.

Your build really makes me looking forward to my ZiL-131. I already bought a set of resin tires for it, though.
dmminiatures
Master Member

Post by dmminiatures »

Thanks Mostrich! Wow that is something new. I am always baffled by vinyl tires. The Sphz Luchs had vinyls too (hated them as I cant make them weighted). Would be great if you know some images to help explain it.

hope to see you Zil-131 one day!
mostrich wrote:That's a great worn and dusty finish. Exactly how the cliche of a Russian cold war truck should look like, lol!
One disadvantage of vinyl tires is, that it's so hard to make them look weight. I once saw a smart solution for it: A modeler made a hole in the tire and blind hole in the rim. Then he put a screw with a flat heat through the tire and screwed it into the rim. With every turn of the screw he was able to adjust the "saggyness" of the tire. Will try that one day.

Your build really makes me looking forward to my ZiL-131. I already bought a set of resin tires for it, though.
Monty / dmminiatures
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Great model! Is going featured in a magazine?
ImageImageImageImageImage
dmminiatures
Master Member

Post by dmminiatures »

Thanks, Borg. and yes I have set the article to the magazine. I hope it made the cut for publication
BorgR3mc0 wrote:Great model! Is going featured in a magazine?
Monty / dmminiatures
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now that looks top notch! And yes, after a kit is complete, we often think of ways we could have done things better. You could always build another and incorporate those ideas...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”