54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-COMPLETED 09/16

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mustang1989

Re: 54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Master Cyl & Brake Lines-07/28

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok gang, I ended up trying to adhere the master cylinder assembly onto the firewall this morning and in the process of gluing it to the firewall I made contact between the two in the absolute wrong place on the firewall. I mean it STUCK and there wasn't any removing it without damage to the paint. I managed to break it free and wound up with a big 'ol primered spot on the firewall. Man I was pissed!!! :boom: Beyond pissed! :boom: :boom: :boom: I got up and walked away from the whole mess for about 20 minutes , came to my senses, returned to the bench and dispensed some Tamiya X-29 Black I had and shot it through the airbrush to cover up that God awful mess there on the firewall. My problem was that the vacuum hose was just a shade too long so trimmed it back and stared over again. This time I got it. If you look close you can see the outline of the boo-boo just to the right of the master cylinder but the good news is that the body L/H inner fender well will cover this up.

I also got the primer coat on the hood for the fourth time! They say the third time is the charm but I guess we'll have to make an exception here with this thing.

Today's progress:

LyleW
Admin

Re: 54 Chevy Sedan Delivery-Master Cyl & Brake Lines-07/30

Post by LyleW »

Great save! Looks awfully good.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle. I was wondering for a minute if I was going to be able to recover from that.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Man, even when you mess up, your fixes are amazingly close to perfect! I cannot see where you had any issues. This is another way you can tell a Master modeler from simple builders like myself. Joe, you are da MAN!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
dogfish7

Post by dogfish7 »

Even the most perfect 1:1 car will have slight imperfections, if you look hard enough. Don't beat yourself up, just fix it as best you can. Your work is outstanding! :yahoo:
So many models.... so little time.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

No worries, Joe. 75 years from now nobody will be the wiser.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

A great save indeed! She's starting to come together.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I really appreciate the encouragement fellas. I made some progress this morning with the rear door inside trim paneling and the door hinge in regards to painting and applying the clear coat.

As for the hood? Things continue to plague the finishing of it. I primed it the day before last, painted it yesterday and the finish came out really clean. All was well until I tried to airbrush some dispensed clear and it spider webbed on me. Looks like it's back in the brake clean for a fourth time. :headslap: Fifth try..............comin' up. I aint all that worried as I know I'll get it but man........resilient this thing is!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Man I hate when that happens! Still you have three more tries before you surpass my record of paint/strip/re-paint. You got this man.

Looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mark.

I got the TV glued down to the table yesterday but had some difficulty in getting the body to fit right on the chassis due to not positioning the TV in the right spot on the table. This morning I was able to remove the TV and reposition it on the table to allow the body to sit properly onto the rolling chassis. Looks like everything is fitting the way it's supposed to now.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”