Monogram 1969 Z to SS Camaro-MOVED TO COMPLETED-07/20

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Re: Monogram 1969 Z to SS Camaro-"Sneak Peek" 06/22

Post by midnightprowler »

Is the body shell itself a little warped Joe? That engine is stellar!
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lee. Yeah it's got a little twinge to it up front. I think I can knock it back out without harming the paint finish though.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's a stunner Joe - love the engine!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Stuart!

Well folks I've got the engine compartment finished. There are some things that are wrong and more things I could've added to the actual bay itself but hey, ya gotta know when to say "when" at some point. I chose to do a simple "fill in" at the passenger side rear of the engine bay where Monogram placed the battery initially and install it in the correct location. You'll see that the two rectangular holes for the hood hinges have been filled in and the molded in crappy wire details were removed from the firewall, the original master cylinder was overhauled and detailed along with the added brake lines and a windshield washer bottle was added (along with the battery) from the newer Revell Camaro release. Radiator hoses were constructed out of 16 gauge electrical wire and a dullcoat applied over both. Hose clamps were made from spare PE frets. All of the molded in detail on both fender wells was removed which instantly improved the engine bay appearance to me.

Stikpusher

Re: Monogram 1969 Z to SS Camaro-Eng Compartment Completed-0

Post by Stikpusher »

Man that looks good. If this shot was posed on that garage floor base that you're making instead of the cutting mat, you would be hard pressed to tell that it was not the real deal.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I second what Carlos said; this is some amazing modeling. Have you started that engine yet to make sure it runs right?
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thank you both very kindly.

I finished up with the chassis as of this morning. The base chassis is all original down to paint and detailing through much younger eyes. I did do some repair painting here and there and applied a light wash on the fuel tank to bring out some of the detail.The front suspension, rear differential and leaf springs are all replacement parts and I had to make a custom driveshaft using the end pieces and some aluminum tubing. The mufflers are from the newer Revell Camaro release and the lead and tailpipes are silver solder. And with that.............we're off to emblems and bumpers and a few touch up items here and there.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Monogram 1969 Z to SS Camaro-Chassis Completed-07/14

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh man that looks really good!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Now you need to display that on a mirror base to show off all that work...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Carlos. That's a great idea..... :hmm:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”