56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Completed-04/15

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
speedgraflex

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-A Tad Bit More-03/11

Post by speedgraflex »

Excited about the chrome and clear party that is going to start soon!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Awesome interior Joe! Way to go! I will also be interested in seeing that chrome demonstration.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks fellas!

You know there's really not just a whole lot more left to this kit now but the body, glass and chrome trim. I assembled and installed the front wheels and tires this morning. I had to enlarge the inside diameter of both tires to accept the wheels but other than that and having to sand another set of wheels down to rob the center caps to use on these it wasn't all that bad of a construction for them.

I primed the cab, hood and separate roof panel this morning. Here's about where the stance is gonna be. Nice and low..............

I also fabricated an A/C line with a blue A/N fitting this morning to install on the A/C dryer. I just couldn't go with that little 3mm section of line hanging out of the dryer. :headslap:

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Excited about the chrome and clear party that is going to start soon!!!
Me too, especially to see "Molotow in action" !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Progress-03/16

Post by BlackSheep214 »

That's starting to looking really good. But..... not to nit pick the details. :bag:

For the longest time - even when I used build the same similar truck kits in my youth years, something never looked quite right. Look at where and how the wipers are located. Granted they're molded in as from the factory - they're kinda sitting a little too low below the window frame. Take a look at some real 1956 Ford F-100 trucks and you'll understand my meaning. I know Detail Masters makes PE wipers. I'd thought I'd throw in a little detail often found overlooked in mid 50s classic truck kits such as yours. Something to think about....

Anyhow, here are a couple wiper blades sets you can get:

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/dm-2003.htm

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/dm-2520.htm

Tom

PS -

The ModelRoundup website has some really cool aftermarket stuff for cars and trucks.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Kari and Tom.

Tom: I certainly appreciate your mighty fine comment and I am in fact very familiar with the Model Roundup website and I echo the same sentiment on how good that website is for obtaining these kinds of details. I was actually looking at those but in this trucks defense you've gotta realize that this is NOT a stock 56 Ford F-100. The whole truck has been "Foosed". I'll get one of my spare Revell kit bodies and this body and put 'em side by side. You'll see what I mean when you see the differences. Nothing is as it should be O.E.M. wise with this truck here. I will look into those wiper blades though good buddy and thanks again.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Here you go Tom. The differences are pretty extensive.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Almost forgot..........................

We have.................body color:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Slingin' Paint!-03/17

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Gotcha. Paint looking nice and shiny!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Re: 56 Ford F-100 "Demon II"-Slingin' Paint!-03/17

Post by mustang1989 »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Gotcha. Paint looking nice and shiny!
Thanks Tom...............and that's just the color coat. Still got flames and the clear coat to go. I'm pretty stoked about this paint scheme.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”