Bandai 1/16 Ford GT 40 MkII #98. Miles-Ruby, Daytona, 1966.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
speedgraflex

Re: Bandai 1/16 1966 Ford GT 40 Mk. II

Post by speedgraflex »

Beer! It was Coca-Cola in a bottle kinda deal...

I took what you wrote to heart—I filed the plastic down, then I added the putty. I had to add putty anyway to finish those wheel bumps Shelby did to make wider tires fit. Also, please note that the yellow cast in spots is not a filter effect. That is a bit of Mr White from an earlier attempt!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I have spent the last two nights—three hours total—trying to make the front seam between the hood and the fender as evenly split as possible, filling in what is a slight gap because the fender is not quite evenly spaced, but the hood is... hard to describe this but I am trying, as I am not ready to take photos yet, still very much in-between work to do. The gap is almost even and smooth as well as the fill being strong enough to stay without cracking off.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am officially out of sandpaper and polishing cloths! What a wrestling match this hood bonnet thing is!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

"Boyz 'n' the hood" :giggles:

This ain't modeling, this is carving. Like in the good old days where the first design masters where carved out of clay (I think some manufactutets still do it). Amazing work, Bruce!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:I am officially out of sandpaper and polishing cloths! What a wrestling match this hood bonnet thing is!
Yeah, but you’re having fun :ballbat:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Torben! I was working yesterday and apologize for my late reply! Carlos, I apologize to you as well. I hit a wall metaphorically with this project, so I am grateful you both wrote and have been there to follow along and provide experience, expertise, encouragement along the way. I have completely lost perspective so it is a good thing to be out of supplies—I was thinking last night that Home Depot in Marina Del Rey is open 24 hours! Crazy! I debated driving twenty minutes to get packs of sandpaper! I thought I would be finished with all of this by the time the wood base was ready for the Mustang... oh, those plans! Chasing dragons!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Lol! A midnite hobby supply run? Why not... And the best thing about it is that there are far fewer people to get in your way at that hour... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos! Midnight Run! (Great DeNiro comedy caper!) I just had to do something so I sprayed the primer on what I normally would sand first!

Looks rough but I am not surprised.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, not you can sand it to a smoother finish... the primer does make it look better in one shade at least...

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”