'59 El Camino-Closer....11/12

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
speedgraflex

Re: '59 El Camino-Interior Progress-10/16

Post by speedgraflex »

I had a question about the steering wheel design. Is that supposed to be stock El Camino? Mostly what I remember is the two tone carryover with the upholstery top and bottom on the wheel itself. I was just wondering if that was a feature for the build or not and not because of picky nitty but more just the way the design ties the dash upholstery together with the seat’s... and honestly bravo on hiding the ejector plugs on the seat!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate the comments good buddy.

If you'll look at point number two in my post it covers the base model interior. I even have PE for the deluxe interior to include that steering wheel. :headslap:
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Looks great, Joe! TGIF bud!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

speedgraflex wrote:Looks great, Joe! TGIF bud!
Wished it would've had the deluxe interior compadre. Could've done a whole lot more with it. Hell AMT didn't even put a radio on the dash. :headslap:

Probably could've done more with this one as well but hey.....who knows the fate of this model. :whistle:

Example of a standard interior...….with power windows????? :wow:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Great photo! I understand, completely. I think the double wowza is the stick shift you designed. That looks boss. I took notes. So good.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

:popcorn:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Image[/quote]

Now hey... that's a nice color to do my GTO Judge kit I won at Syrcon recently. I've been figuring out what color to go with for the last few days.

Or I can choose one of these:

“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I would be partial to the Liberty Blue or the Burgundy myself. Then again I'm a bit more partial to the darker colors.... and Burgundy was one of the colors for my wedding.

But this is your car. I won't ever get it so choose your favorite and bring it on my friend. I can't wait to see more since your cars are so masterfully done that they are such a thrill to look at. :beau:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks for the good comments guys. Tom, that is a cool color for an interior. May have to play around with that color on another build.

Regardless of my lack of posting in the last couple of weeks, I have been able to hit the bench. With my son in football and in agriculture in school (he's raising a pig) we've all got some really busy nights. We don't plan anything right now outside of the pig and football. I would post more during the week at night but I'd be a babbling idiot due to being so tired.

In regards to the bench, I have spent the better part of a friggin' WEEK applying bare metal foil to all the chrome trim that is on this car. I never in a million years EVER realized there was so much dang chrome on these things. Boy did I ever get a rude awakening! I've still got more chrome to install on this car in the way of bumpers, headlights/ bezels, turn signal bezels, tail lights and the like.
I had to sand about 3/16" off the bottom of the window/ glass assy because the interior tub wasn't fitting into the interior cavity fully causing a large gap between the top of the door opening and the interior door panels. Crazy. :headslap:
After that I managed to get the body installed onto the rolling chassis and I'm VERY happy with that result. It was exactly the look I was hoping for.

speedgraflex

Re: '59 El Camino-Updates-11/05

Post by speedgraflex »

I do feel ya on time management and all the chrome work looks lovely! I’m taking a lil’ break from the P-51D, but I have to admit your skills are fierce! Your patience is tremendous. The results are kind of staggering to me. To do all of this and raise your son, be there with tremendous support the way you do, is sincerely incredible. Most of my good lessons I learned early from my father. I see you being there as a true inspiration.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”