Brandon Good's 1980 Malibu Project-Chassis & Interior-05/31

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
speedgraflex

Re: Brandon Good's 1980 Malibu Project-Gathering Parts

Post by speedgraflex »

I agree with Prowler about that resin kit! The maker really put the time into making a clean castings! Really exquisite! What kind of material did you choose for the printed components? I wonder about the level of grain—I have had experiences all over the place in terms of material and printing techniques. Just curious!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Bruce. I should be getting the engine and related parts in just any day now. It was cast in matte translucent plastic. I just ordered a blower drive belt complete with the cogs on the inside of the belt from BNL Resins. Can't wait to get started on this one.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Got a few parts in this week and am REALLY excited to start this one up after the Arado.

The layout as far as most of the parts that I'll be using. That Nova chassis is a direct fit under this Malibu which is gonna work out perfect. As an added bonus it looks like the interior from that same Nova kit will work as well. Tub fits almost perfectly lending itself to a roll cage and a modified dash. Front tires came in just yesterday and I acquired an AMT Chevelle Pro Street kit for the rear tires. I'll get to that Big Block Chevy in just a minute. Man...……..you guys just don't know how hard it is NOT to start working on this one right now. :shocked:

Here's with the chassis and interior tub test fitted with the tire set up that I'll be using. The wheels are just for effect as I'll be using the aluminum ones that I showed you all in the intro post.

Just gotta drop it a teeny bit more to get just the right stance:

Now.....about that Brodix Big Block Chevy Engine. I'll be portraying the blown 565 cubic inch engine that Brandon is sporting in the 1:1 version and all I've gotta say about this engine from Shapeways is WOW! WOW, WOW and some more WOW! I received this thing at the end of last week and just now broke it out.
Fellas...……….this one's gonna be ALOT of fun. I'm currently waiting on the rubber blower belt complete with the gear drive cogs on the inside of the belt from B-N-L resins.

speedgraflex

Re: Brandon Good's 1980 Malibu Project-Update-04/12

Post by speedgraflex »

You are definitely in your happy place! Congratulations!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

For some reason, 'kid in a candy store with a 100 dollar bill' comes to mind. Go get 'em.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow Joe! You have quite the project lined up. Man, this is gonna be fun to follow!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

What a cool looking project!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, that much popcorn should clean the ‘ol colon out.... :hmm:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote:Well, that much popcorn should clean the ‘ol colon out.... :hmm:
:giggles:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Nice stuff Joe !

Looking very much forward to see the engine build develope !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”