Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-More Engine Detail-12/17

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
mostrich
Admin

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-07/20

Post by mostrich »

Your BMF work is impeccable! Still have an old sheet lying around somewhere. Have to give it a comeback on my next car build.
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mustang1989

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-07/20

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Torben. Sorry for the late response man.

Ok......I'm finally back in action on this one. After months and months of thought and fizzled out ideas I've finally got it.

First off...THANK YOU FERMIS for the idea on the soda (or in your case the almighty Arizona Tea can) can idea. I have to move the shock tower just a shade to the rear of the engine bay to make this work so here's the plan moving forward.

First off, I didn't have a Diet Coke can but I did have a Sprite offering. :giggles:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Presto!!! I've still gotta play around with cutting and trimming here and there to get it all to fit just right but you get the idea. Now I can cut the shock tower from the plastic piece and adhere it to the aluminum part in the correct place and I also get rid of that windshield washer bag that shouldn't be there. BONUS!!!

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Moving Forward-09/23

Post by Stuart »

I'm going to pretend I know what's going on and say - that's a great bit of tin work Joe!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Moving Forward-09/23

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL! Thanks Stuart.

Here's three cut outs later. Still have to do a little trimming to fit perfect but progress is being made.

mustang1989

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-09/24

Post by mustang1989 »

Sorry for the long absence again fellas. Even though I haven't been too active on forums I have indeed been at the bench. One weeks worth of fitting and scrapping 3....or is it 4?? fabricated inner fenderwells now and I've finally got it. I got the idea to put the base engine in the bay and it changed the whole complexion of things......ALOT. With the engine in place I get to see what's gonna work....and what aint. So with all that stuff being said I had to approach this with a whole new mindset and put an inner fender well in place with no V cut outs for the shock tower for added rigidity once fitted into place. Then I cut the shock tower from the original inner fenderwell and thinned it down enough to clear the rocker covers. This....is gonna work. After more than 6 hours at the bench enduring trial and error...I think I've got it....

Modified shock tower just in front of the radiator core support area.

LyleW
Admin

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-09/30

Post by LyleW »

That is an outstanding solution! I often just sit back and noodle around different solutions. Sometimes they work, too!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle!! I'll get over and check your Gee Bee out when I can see the pictures on my computer at home.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

No hurry, no worry...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LyleW wrote:No hurry, no worry...
:grin:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

A down and dirty shot showing the progress to date. Still some clean up to do but things are shaping up.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”