Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-More Engine Detail-12/17

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-07/09

Post by LyleW »

They used wood! Who knew?!? :hmm: :giggles:

I really enjoy watching your work. Masterful!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle!! I appreciate the humor and the very kind comments friend.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This morning I got her standing on her own. Rear tires will be going in a smidgen to give her the proper look but this is going to be the ride height. All this time I had to find a way to lock the front suspension ride height in and I finally was able to do this by drilling small holes in the front of the frame and installing locating pins. Worked like a charm:

I worked a lot on the firewall this morning by modifying to work with the Mustang shock towers. I'll post progress of this on the next update. Meanwhile I also cut out the battery box/ pedestal on the R/H shock tower panel. Battery is located in the rear of the car so no battery box was needed here. Plus I needed all the room I could get with that big ass 427 in that engine bay.

Before....

and after:

mostrich
Admin

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-07/10

Post by mostrich »

That's a poser's ride. I love it!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man thanks for poppin' in here Torben!! Thanks for the kind words bro.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This week has been slow and it usually seems to be that way towards the end of alot of my builds. All the planning that I've been doing for the last 4 months all comes together at the last part it seems. Sometimes I'm hesitant to move too fast as a screw up at this point would mean alot of re-work.

I've been working on the firewall area, removing the already installed transmission mount and moving it to the rear a little more so that the engine and transmission will set into place properly. That meant popping the mount loose, sanding and repainting the chassis (which I had to separate the front subframe from the main part of the chassis to gain access to the areas for sanding and the repaint) and reassembly of the whole chassis again. I also worked on the rear part of the chassis so that I could get the proper rear tire alignment with the body (in other words...suck those big fat rear tires inwards a little bit towards the center of the car to keep 'em from sticking out too far from the wheel openings).

I received my tachometer from Ted's Modeling Marketplace and while it is the perfect size and diameter, the tachometer decals that came with it were NOT. Really frustrating why a manufacturer (Detail Master) would put a smaller tach in a package and then throw decals for a MUCH larger tach in the same bag. Really pissed about that but I'll make something work.

Most of the efforts moving forward will center around the engine bay and all the parts fit as well as the engine detailing. I was really surprised when I actually thought about it that I'm around 80% complete with this bad boy. I've been on it since late December/ January so it's been a long road but I'm well pleased with how it's turning out so far.

Thanks go out to all who continue to follow this build, give input and encourage me along the way. She's been a tough kit to work with.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

What size do you need Joe, I may have something..
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks good buddy Lee! I actually found a tach face decal in a decal sheet for the Revell Pro Stock Thunderbird kit. Also managed to get the correct style tachometer mounted in the correct place on the car.

Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-07/20

Post by Stuart »

Just catching up with this Joe - simply superb work sir! :shoutout: I'm loving that stance!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Re: Jo-Han Dyno Don Maverick-Updates-07/20

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Stuart. I'll be getting back on this one again after the Beetle is finshed.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”