Joe's Auto Garage-Coke Machine-10/25

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
speedgraflex

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Progress--05/07

Post by speedgraflex »

This Topic has a lot of good tips and references! Hoo boy! Seriously, it is nice to see you gents gettin' along so well; I can feel the history you share. I researched a few single owner garages and these seem to fall in line with a particular car or bike. So, what's going inside here, Joe? With my Dad it was always oddball cars, usually British. We had a fella move in down a ways who was an exclusive German Iron type; and there was another gent who kept a deuce of Citroens. I assume the iron will be from Detroit in your garage, though? Is that correct?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Old time inspiration:

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Missed the reply yesterday Bruce. Yes sir it will be something from the 60's -70's as far as cars go but I'll definitely have some updated things in there like a laptop and some other items like mid 2000 era Chevrolet car posters and such from when I was in the GM dealerships. I've also got some other items like a resin kit of a cheeseburger, fries and a drink along with the burger bags and burger tissue paper wraps. A few shelves will be in place and I'll have things like a jack, jack stands and a few other things that I would have in my dream garage.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am excited and now hungry! My Dad swore by GMC trucks for work; I learned how to shift on a K-15 1/2 ton 350 V8. I should have known by your Camaro project where your passions reside! All the best, sir!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Bruce.

While I was waiting on some paint to dry on the Camaro I switched back over to this bad boy. I got the black top cut, painted and applied to the top of the tool box. I also got my laptop painted and applied BMF in the areas where the "intel inside" and "Dell" stickers were below the keyboard. I took a picture of a screensaver on my "real" laptop that has my favorite photo of my wife and son at the beach here in Corpus , sized it down to 2% and printed it on photo paper then cut it out and adhered it to the laptop monitor then glued that to the top of the tool box. I also cut out, folded and glued the paper bag for the burgers and fries together and glued that to the top of the box. Burgers, fries and some tools coming soon........

speedgraflex

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Progress--06/09

Post by speedgraflex »

Impressive work, Joe. The ideas are coming together, and you are makin' me hungry again, thank you very much—every time I see a bag for burgers, I just want to make a burger run for some grease relief!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Progress--06/09

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL! Thanks Bruce.

Got a little more done on the tool box top this morning. I'm having a lot of fun with this one! :giggles:

Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Toolbox items Progress-06/10

Post by Thomas_M »

If it wasn´t placed on a cutting mat it would fool the eye and look so real! :shoutout:
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Thomas! I'm trying to get done with my Camaro so I can get back to work full time on this build.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I got through with the tool box as of this morning with the addition of the burgers and fries. Had to play around with the color for a while on the buns, meat patty and fries till I got what shade I liked. I applied a subtle wash from Mig Productions on the fries to help bring the detail out some and to give them a true "fries" look. So far I'm good with this:

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”