Joe's Auto Garage-Coke Machine-10/25

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
Stikpusher

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Overall Progress-08/06

Post by Stikpusher »

Everything looks super... aside from that horrid puke green engine block... man that looks so real.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Carlos. I'm going to start over on that engine block to where it's a lot brighter and more fluorescent green look to it. Got the new engine block in but I've got another toy on my bench for an online model contest at another site. Will share tomorrow.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ok, I was kidding about the green engine block. But I can't recall ever seeing one before. Red, Orange, and Blue, yes, but who makes a green engine block?

But the whole garage thing seriously looks real!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

LOL! I couldn't help it with the green. It's different and definitely cool. Thanks for the good word on the shop. I need to update the photos as I've got some more stuff in there.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I'm looking forward to seeing more too. Get well soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Mark. I feel a lot better today.

I've been busy on this one for the last week. Got a few goodies in and have been working on the OOB items. I also moved the loose items out of the shop to reduce excessive clutter. Look for the additions and changes..............

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Updates-08/17

Post by Duke Maddog »

Very nice! Still a bit too clean though. Gotta get a car in there and grease up the place! LOL! I do like the changes.

Keep it coming as you can.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Mark. I'm working on getting everything where I want it right now. I'll give it a lived / worked in look later on. It'll be subtle though. This garage is more of a weekend hobby garage than a business type shop so it will have a "kept" appearance to it.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Well guys, it's been about four months since I've done anything here. With my intro back to the bench I'll be working on working on this one through to the end. I've taken steps to dirty the floor up some and weather the walls slightly. This week I've been working on shop clean up equipment. I managed to assemble the push broom, paint and weather it and did the same to the trash can, dust pan and brush. I found some tissue paper with some writing on it wadded up and thrown in the trash can for an added touch.

speedgraflex

Re: Joe's Auto Garage-Updates-01/11

Post by speedgraflex »

Joe, after reading your post, my first glance at the broom and other objects in the photo read the objects as 1:1 not 1:11! Lol! Good job, bud. Keep up the good work!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”