Stuart's Warhammer 40K rediscovery Thread...

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Stuart's Warhammer 40K rediscovery Thread...

Post by Duke Maddog »

Your first figure looks excellent Stuart! Nice work!
Stikpusher wrote:No, I definitely want to do the painting Mark. My son said he bought them for me to build and paint, so I can’t go against that. But I’d love to play a round or two of the game with you once I have them completed.
Fully understood. Maybe someday you an bring the game to Hobby Day to work on the figures and when they are done, we can go at it. I would love to play that game with you.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's really cool and a great bit of painting - thanks for sharing (sorry for taking so long to reply).

Not much more has been done to this, mainly because of RL and being on Holiday for two weeks, but I have however base coat painted a couple of squads of Terminators - when I've progressed them a bit more I'll post some pictures.

I have however now got the full 1st edition game plus all of the expansion packs and extras - all in all I must have 80 figures to paint.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks for your update, Stuart!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I love me some Warhammer 40K. Watching. :popcorn:
Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

80 figures eh? That'll keep you busy for awhile...

Go for it Stuart, looking forward to seeing more.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

It's been a while Stuart. Are you still tackling the Grim Dark of the Future?

I'll post a few of mine to help inspire since I cannot build at the moment. Here's hoping they inject some of the Emperor's will.

The Emperor Protects.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry Gents, I hadn't picked up that you'd commented on the thread!

Those look awesome Drag - I love the noise Marine!

I'm still dabbling, although I've not got really into it yet - part of the problem I have it that I can never choose what scheme to paint my rather large collection of marines in...

I did clean up and prime a few marines a while back, including drilling out the barrels etc.

And I started playing around with a bit of painting - as I said, I can never choose a scheme...

And I've also been playing around with a Rhino/Razorback...

I think part of the problem with this Warhammer stuff is I picked up a whole load of it at once, and drowned myself in projects - I have a complete set of the first edition Space Hulk + Expansions + Metal terminator figures, A full set of Space Crusade plus extras, a few other Tactical Squads, Dreadnaughts - you name it. I bought a load of Ork stull too but sold it off along side a load of other stuff.

I'd love to get one game fully painted up - problem is choosing which one - and then a scheme/chapter to do!

I really like to get more into it (if the model projects stop taking over). I don't particularly want to become a first class miniature painter, but I'd like to be competent enough to produce some good looking basic figures.

Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I know what you mean as far as over extending yourself. I have a 1/2 done Dark Imperium box that just sits there. I know what i want them to be and only started the Plague Marines so far. I'll eventually finish it some day. Meanwhile I do little one offs to keep the fun, well.....fun.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's cool - I've not actually got that many 'modern' citadel stuff, most of mine is from the 90's, but the new stuff does look fun to paint - gorgeous detail.

It's funny this threads been picked up again, I've actually been hankering towards doing some more miniature painting for a while now, between model builds - I've even started digging out some of my old stuff for a while back and seeing what I did.

Part of the problem I have painting mini's is the lack of paints(and decent brushes) - most of my stuff is aircraft paint, and while I can use some of it I could do with a decent figure painting set - I thinking Vallejo as Citadel paints are blooming expensive!

So do you actually play - or are you just a painter?

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”