1/350 Tamiya Prince of Wales

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: 1/350 Tamiya Prince of Wales "The beginning of the end"

Post by Duke Maddog »

Wow! What sensational work! I could swear I was looking at a real ship! I doubt anyone could make that look any more realistic than this!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thank you Duke
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This is impressive. I've never gathered up the courage to take on a ship project. Single engine fighters and autos take me long enough. lol.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mustang, they do take time.

Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That's hilarious MC!

I like to say that I have no patience myself; that's why I work on multiple projects at a time. I have no patience to wait for parts to dry!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Getting back to the POW, I started applying the deck hatches and there are a lot of them. putting each one on will take some time. I also need to make the reels and wanted to wrap some line around the spools. I never tried that before and this is a good a kit to start with. I always try to attempt something new on each build. Sometimes my ideas work, sometimes they don't.

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Following this build with greatest interest!
And fascinated how good it looks!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Kari,
I meant to post an update a few days ago and had most of it written down but something came up and I needed to log off. This last week I started a new job at Raytheon working on modules for the targeting systems for the F-16, F-22 and F-35. I have been working day shift one day and 2nd shift another so my schedule has been a little messed up. This next week will be similar until I get my training completed so my modeling time has really taken a beating. Here is what I was going to post last week. I've done a few more things since but don't have pictures yet.
Most of the deck fittings are painted and the brass barrels are installed on the main and secondary turrets. The guns are just placed on the deck as well as the hose reels (the two objects near the B turret barbette) I bought some fishing pole thread to use as hose to see how that works out.

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Good luck with your training—thank you so much for posting the update! Fantastic work in progress!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Modelcrazy wrote:Thanks Kari,
I meant to post an update a few days ago and had most of it written down but something came up and I needed to log off. This last week I started a new job at Raytheon working on modules for the targeting systems for the F-16, F-22 and F-35. I have been working day shift one day and 2nd shift another so my schedule has been a little messed up. This next week will be similar until I get my training completed so my modeling time has really taken a beating. Here is what I was going to post last week. I've done a few more things since but don't have pictures yet.
Most of the deck fittings are painted and the brass barrels are installed on the main and secondary turrets. The guns are just placed on the deck as well as the hose reels (the two objects near the B turret barbette) I bought some fishing pole thread to use as hose to see how that works out.
Fishing line used? Wow.. they look amazing and just right to scale. I love it!! Bravo!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”