1/570 Revell Battleship Tirpitz

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: 1/570 Revell Battleship Tirpitz

Post by KSaarni »

mustang1989 wrote:This'll be fun to watch Kari. I've always admired ship models. I'd loose my mind building one but I can look at stuff like this for hours. Looking forward to the progress buddy.
Thanks Joe ! :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am excited to see your progress, Kari! I was wondering how you will approach painting... and rigging, too. I remember each year my Dad and I returned to the ghost ship, but never set foot on board... then one day it vanished. A true ghost story!

Please post photos! Keep going!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:I am excited to see your progress, Kari! I was wondering how you will approach painting... and rigging, too. I remember each year my Dad and I returned to the ghost ship, but never set foot on board... then one day it vanished. A true ghost story!

Please post photos! Keep going!
Tx Bruce,

Originally I had decided to make all the paintwork with paint brushes, might be the hull and some details anyhow with the airbrush. Will see...
And the camo, no decision yet... :hmm:

Photos coming soon!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I am gonna follow this project. The Tirpitz was such a handsome ship!

Oh that old “hulk” of a childhood ship looks the be the 1/720 Revell USS Arizona/USS Pennsylvania kit. It is the same mold released under the different boxings of those sister ships.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks Stik!

And thanks identifying the old ship. Could very well be that kit, even bells ring in my head hearing those two names!

- Kari
---
On the bench:

speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

... still curious to see the small parts because most of the online photos are not nearly as clear or well lit as yours, Kari, but... no pressure.

It is officially fall! The seasons have changed ever so slightly; the very slightest of variations here in the great desert city of angels. There is a welcome crispness to the evening air, which we have missed. It almost, almost, reminds me of the greater changes I remember from back east.

I have done very little modeling besides freeing the larger pieces of resin from the prison of their cardboard box and setting them out to receive daylight, but I do believe resin needs daylight to completely cure; and years of storage have affected the strength of its corner edges. Perhaps this is ridiculously overwrought but I do feel a difference now, and am preparing to move forward.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Gmorrison2

Post by Gmorrison2 »

That glue bomb is the Revell Arizona/ Pennsylvania.
Your Tirpitz project is an old kit for sure. It's a Bismark kit that's been reissued more often than the Bible.
Enjoy it, but the limitations will lead you to build something much more rewarding.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Gmorrison2 wrote:That glue bomb is the Revell Arizona/ Pennsylvania.
Your Tirpitz project is an old kit for sure. It's a Bismark kit that's been reissued more often than the Bible.
Enjoy it, but the limitations will lead you to build something much more rewarding.
Thanks Gmorrisson2 for the info and Welcome to SPAM !

- Kari
---
On the bench:

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”