It's Not Quite a Ship...

Here is the place to show off your completed ship products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

It's Not Quite a Ship...

Post by Duke Maddog »

But it floats...

I finally finished this one after all this time. This is the Revell 1/72 scale Sport Fishing Boat that was the 50th anniversary re-release from Revell. I didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped but this was a tough little boat to complete. Here it is with a couple guys in it looking for that next Big Catch:

There it is. It ain't much but I'm happy with it and thrilled to have it in my collection.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Re: It's Not Quite a Ship...

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I think this is the only civil 1/72 ship I have ever seen The rest are either MTB's, E-boats or Flower corvettes. I like it! :beau:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks! I love it too. Revell also has another boat like this which is called the Chris Craft cabin cruiser. It's essentially the same boat without the platform on the nose or the outriggers. I'd love to get that and build it too. Maybe someday.

Thanks again for the compliment!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I like it! Definitely not a ship, but a nice little boat! Reminds me of one my neighbor had when I was a kid...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Looking good and really nice with some more uncommon subject !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! I always wanted something like this so I got the model since that is the only way I could ever have one. Did you ever get to ride on your neighbor's boat?

I also have the 1/72 scale Revell Predator boat to build. I'll try and see if I can do better on that one.

Thanks Kari! I do like doing the uncommon models sometimes. Heck, most times it's the only type of model I haven't already built multiples of!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yup, I went on my neighbors boat a few times in my teens. It was fun although nothing fancy. Funny thing is he ended up going to the Naval Academy and is still in. His last "boat" was a bit bigger. He commanded the latest USS Kidd on her first cruise. But on his last cruise he was on board a carrier. I wonder if all those days spent on his dads boat as a kid had anything to do with his branch choice. His dad was an officer in the Army Guard, so it was not a family tradition thing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Just saw this for the first time... really beautiful work, Duke. Like the rest of the gang, it is a sincere pleasure to see a civilian craft as a subject! Congratulations to you, sir!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Bruce! It has been a challenge these past few times to get to the Forums due to so much going on. It felt good being able to build this little boat. There is another version of this same boat out there I'd love to get a hold of. Until then, I'm still trying to get done with several projects that are just that close to being done.

Stay tuned. Hopefully soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Ships”