Do 335 1/48 Monogram

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
Stikpusher

Re: Do 335 1/48 Monogram

Post by Stikpusher »

Ahhh, youre nearing the finish line finally! :yipee: Starting to look good in its near final form! :dogwag:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

if you notice in the last pic above, the nose wheel mud guard looks homemade and is flared a bit too much. I had to make that, too, as it was missing. I decided to add some stiffeners to pull it in. Scratchbuilding baby-steps to be sure, but steps....

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

You see, scratchbuilding is fun! It are those little details that can make a build.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Borg, it has not been too much of a challenge. Now is the part that usually stops me in my tracks...the final painting, weathering, etc. I struggle with that, not having an artist's eye.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This is looking good so far Lyle!! Man this is the part that gives the best of us fits man. Hang in there and watch this stage carefully as its the point where alot of folks get in a hurry. Take er slow bubba and this will continue to turn out the good build that it is.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Broke open the 1/72 B-2 . . . waiting for some decal paper to arrive. In my ever efficient organizational abilities, I've lost two packs of laser decal paper. Can't find them anywhere...so, we order new stock. depending on when that arrives, I may or may not get back to it until after the China trip.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Keep taking those steps on scratch work Lyle. AS I have learned, the more that you do, the easier they get. Simple lost parts can be replaced by you with just a bit of time and effort. Or substandrad kit parts replaced with ones of your own creation.
Nice work on that mudguard. I bet it looks far better than the original kit part.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Stik. Decal paper arrived yesterday.

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”