Do 335 1/48 Monogram

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Do 335 1/48 Monogram

Post by LyleW »

not much to show, Joe. As promised, a picture or two. Redid the paint. Went with rlm 81/83 in MM enamel

I don't like masking. My attention span is pre, oh look a squirrel hey that's a cow! oh now where was I? I get a bit done and I guess I suffer from MAD. Masking Affective Disorder. Or DMD....Dyslexic Masking Disorder. I struggle with it. Anyway, here is where I am tonight.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I guess I left the tape on too long. Had several areas lift. It was also MM enamel over MM acrylic. I can touch that up, though. Need to redo the bottom as well. I am, at least happy with the colors.

I think i'm going to do the 102 in the Star and Bar after it was captured. the kit decals are falling apart on the carrier paper.

from www.airpages.ru
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The top color was enamel over an acrylic base, both Model Master? I bet that the pulling up is due more to the adhesion properties, or lack thereof, of the acrylics, rather than the tape being on too long.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yeah, probably...the more I think upon it. Touch up should not be too bad.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

A little localized airbrushing and you can have that touched up in no time. After the gloss and flat coats and weathering it'll hardly be noticeable.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yep. Then it becomes "battle damage" or "dattle bamage"....one of the two. I hope to tackle that this weekend.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Doh! I hate it when paint comes off with masking tape. Good luck with that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst and i'll settle for anything in between! Good news is the color is straight out of the bottle, so I don't have to match it.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Yeah , matching mixed paint is always a pain in the butt!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Yeah, probably...the more I think upon it. Touch up should not be too bad.
I'm sure that you'll be fine.... what's another week on a project? ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”