1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
mustang1989

Re: 1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Kevin. Man this stage of the build is really taking alot longer than I had predicted. At first I thought it would only take a week or two. HA! Whatever! We are going into a month long adventure with this paint job. Theres been alot of events around the house and family that have made the normal slow progress on this thing even slower but this has been a fairly tedious paint job so far. I do have some updates though.

Finished up the factory camoflage and starting on the field applied......

I was initially expecting soft lines on the field applied camo. Everything that I'm seeing reference wise shows a hard edge. Pressing onwards with what I have and will see where this takes me............
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

good to see you back among the living! Well sort of living. Paint is looking mighty nice.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
lawdog114
Master Member

Post by lawdog114 »

Nice work Mustang. I hope to build a Stuka B in Battle of Britain markings eventually. I will be following your progress closely. Oh, and nice idea on the landing light. I shall be horking that.

Joe
Can you fly this plane and land it? Surely you can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks lawdog. I'm glad you liked the idea of the landing light. I just stumbled onto it after I gazed into the black hole in the wing. Looking forward to see you work your magic on the cockpit of a Stuka. I "horked" some of your ideas from that tutorial you did. lol
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Hey gang! Here she is all done up in the field camo along with the white fuselage bands and the unseen white bands on the bottom of the wingtips along with a gloss coat and ready for decals. Whew! I thought I'd NEVER make it to this point!! With my current work schedule it only allows me around 30 minutes per day during the week and normally I would have around 3 hours a day on the weekends but I've been out of town for the last two weekends so there went that. I did manage a 5 hour block of time at the bench on this last Sunday though starting at 3 a.m. and ending at 8 a.m.

and the other side............

BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Those field applied multicolor scheme's can be hard to pain but it looks like you pulled it of perfectly.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

So, you had to paint it completely to repaint in in field applied? Too much paint for me! Like it, though. What theater was this again?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Borg: Thanks for the encouragement buddy

Lyle: Yes if wanted to pull this whole paint job off with no gaps or guesswork. lol . Appreciate the comments.

Jimmy: Work does suck to have to go to but I've got 3 days off a week, it's just lately those 3 days have been filled up. More coming.............
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

thirty-eight work days left for me.

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”