1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
mustang1989

Re: 1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

Post by mustang1989 »

Hey gang! An update concerning decals here. First off I started by applying the insignia and stenciling to the bottom of the wings .These are Hasegawa decals BTW.

Then I went for broke on the snake motif............

This was not the original snake motif that I started off with. I had a Cutting Edge one and the decals were too old to use. I found this out after I tried applying one of the insignia on the top of the wings and the dang decal just started breaking up. God only knows what the snake decals would have done. I have mixed feelings about these Tally Ho decals I picked up. As far as decal adhesion, silvering and responding to Micro sol applications they are perfect. I believe the snake motifs are a tad bit too large for 1/48 scale but I'll work with it. They are shorter than the Cutting Edge decals that I had and subsequently fall short of the white band that I had painted. I made up the difference with a section cut from the Cutting Edge decals and spliced the snake to make it the rest of the 1/4 " way to the band. Now the problem is , and I didn't see this until AFTER I had applied the crosses on the side and AFTER I was applying the Micro sol to them, that the crosses are wider than the bands!! :shock: You have GOT to be friggin kiddin' me here! There aint no way after all the work I've put into this paint job and decaling that I'm stripping that sucker back off now though. I was really ticked off at myself for allowing that to happen after all I've done to this thing but right now the only thing I can do is to press forward and build the best model out of this that I can and get over myself.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Joe, to me it looks stunningly good. Sorry about the cross/band width issues, though. That can be a truly mood altering experience! but, press on as you've said! It does look great.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Did some more stuff to this thing here folks. Managed to get the elevators on, the flat coat/ sun bleaching and masks off. Slowly getting there with this one fellas......

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks great, pal!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle and Jimmy! Currently working on the landing gear. Hell, half of its covered up and you'd think it would be less time consuming. Hiding all the seam marks is proving to be a challenge on the wheel spats but we're makin' progress.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Fantastic - just as good as your Dora
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

I like how the panel lines run over the decals, that really gives the "painted on" look.

As for the fuselage band, if you had not told it, I would not have known. So just do not tell anybody! :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

portman:Glad to see you around again. Thanks for the comments buddy!

Borg:Thanks for your comments as well. Those snake decals were a b$*&h to put on but the laid down nice when I got 'em in place.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Got the wheel spats and tire/ wheel assys done. Spats are as smooth as a baby's butt.........

and got her up on the Tyson chicken legs...........

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”