SPAM Military Vehicle Group Build

Member created Group Builds
speedgraflex

Re: SPAM Military Vehicle Group Build

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Well Mark, I know of something that just fell into your mitts this weekend that would qualify... :hmm:
Alright, alright, alright! Time to spill the beans, Mark! We are hungry for details! Time to uh... gas up!

:whistle:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yeah just lob it in here Mark!

So... Progress anyone???? :clockwatch:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hi Stuart... I did buy paint. Does that count as progress? I am afraid to cut parts yet. I also need tracks too. Maybe I will take a break soon from the car, and get crackin’ on this!

:whistle:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos, I agree. That would be a great addition to this Group Build. I'll try to get everything posted up on the "Latest Acquisitions" Thread soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

No worries. Just curious what you will bring to the party!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Ok, some brief advice on the running gear:
Assemble the suspension, but do not added the road wheels, as Thomas suggests. Paint all that in OD except for the road wheel rims, which are rubber tires. Paint those separately in a faded black, then add them. The idler wheels have a steel rim, so paint that edge in a polished steel color, and the portions of the sprocket wheels that contact the tracks.

As for the tracks themselves:
Paint the inner surface in a light steel color, and the outer surface in a dirty steel color. After that dries, the rubber track pads should be painted in a faded black rubber, while the inner surface where the sprockets make contact and the guide teeth sides should also be painted the bright polished steel color
Just bumping this post Stik as I'm getting to the track painting stage (just testing how to paint them).

After far far too long sitting on the SOD, I've got back into this build this week - I started by painting up the tyres. I went with a dark grey rather than a black. I'm not sure if this is correct or not but I remember seeing a few Luftwaffe builds that mentioned German WWII rubber was grey. It'll have a load of sand thrown over it anyway.

Just in case anyone has forgotten - this is were I was with the build (painted in good old Humbrol Enamels!)

Cheers!

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent progress so far Stuart! Nice work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Duke!

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

You're welcome Stuart!

Hmmm, I wonder if I'm in this or not...

I have certainly been building military vehicles!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Im looking forward to seeing what you do next. That is a perfect kit to try stuff on.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Member Group Builds”