Which acrylic paint do you prefer?

All things paint and/or airbrush related. Help, recommendations, etc.
mostrich
Admin

Re: Which acrylic paint do you prefer?

Post by mostrich »

KSaarni wrote:Interesting! What was the delivery costs ? Reasonable ?

- Kari
To Germany it's 6€ for small orders and 9,60€ for bigger ones (ordered 12 bottles for a friend and me so it's 9,60€ for my order).
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Thanks, I believe in that case pretty much same amounts to Belgium. Intrigued to also make an order.. but I will wait for your review first! :wink:

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Proud Marine Dad wrote:Thanks guys.
The only hobby shop around me now is 10 miles away so having to drive there for a color I may need is a pain so I am considering online ordering as there are some good deals online.
I saw one seller on eBay with 10 bottles of your choice of colors of Tamiya 10 ml bottles.for $31.95 and free shipping. Not a bad price at all.
Sounds like he is making his money on the basic cost per bottle. The local shops here currently stock the Tamiya 10ml bottles for $2.00 - $2.50 depending upon the shop. 10 bottles at those prices are $20 -$25. I have one shop with walking distance (just under a mile), and the other is a 10-20 minute drive on surface streets depending upon lights and traffic.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

KSaarni wrote: Thanks, I believe in that case pretty much same amounts to Belgium. Intrigued to also make an order.. but I will wait for your review first! :wink:

- Kari
Will post my impressions until they've arrived. So stay tuned on this channel! :bye:
Proud Marine Dad
Advanced Member

Post by Proud Marine Dad »

Stikpusher wrote: Sounds like he is making his money on the basic cost per bottle. The local shops here currently stock the Tamiya 10ml bottles for $2.00 - $2.50 depending upon the shop. 10 bottles at those prices are $20 -$25. I have one shop with walking distance (just under a mile), and the other is a 10-20 minute drive on surface streets depending upon lights and traffic.
True Carlos. It looks like Hobbylinc is a better choice as they have the larger 23 ml bottles for $2.69 each .
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now that is a good deal Mike at $2.69 a bottle for the 23ml size. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

Polly Scale and Aeromaster. With Lifecolor in third place.

I have a 10-15 year supply of the Polly Scale and Aeromaster colors that I will need. The Lifecolor is easy to get for me, so I just get those colors that PS and Aero didn't have, as I go. I might "lay in a stock" of 1/2 dozen bottles of each Lifecolor paint some day, but, I am not in a hurry to do that. Besides, I tend to stay away from the "wrath of Anne" and adding more bottles to the 800 or so that I have now is not a good way to avoid that phenomenon.

I have 22 bottles of my own brew of PS+Aero Light Gull Gray. That will do me for a while, lol.

I have quite a few of the other brands, as well,,,,,,but, mostly only the colors that didn't match up in the above three brands. For example, if you want the Blue for the USN leg restraints in a Phantom, and you use Acrylics,,,,,you're stuck with Model Master Acrylics. Same thing for "Rusty exhaust Manifold color",,,,,it is hard to beat Vallejo's Game Color Tinny Tin for brush painting those.
danntheman

Post by danntheman »

I have tried ti use Humbrol Acrylics but they are not great, have to stop every minute to clean airbrusgh, and they give a grainy finish, Revell are a bit better but i find Tamiya and Vallejo the best
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

danntheman wrote:I have tried ti use Humbrol Acrylics but they are not great, have to stop every minute to clean airbrusgh, and they give a grainy finish, Revell are a bit better but i find Tamiya and Vallejo the best
Yeah they're not the best - even for hairy stick painting. they need thinning but if they are thinned too much they loose all of adheasion properties and pool up. One you do get the hang of them they're ok.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Painting/Airbrushing”