Modelcrazy's bench production 2022

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stikpusher

Re: Modelcrazy's bench production 2021

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

The “wow” factor on this one keeps increasing with each of your updates!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Stick.
I wish I can find 3D Japanese that aren't standing straight as a board. I like the Tori Factory material (the ones that are as straight as a board). They are very easy to paint and remove, I just wish they'd make them into different poses. The only other pack I could find that don't look like a LEGO fig are the IJN pilots from Northstar. Those are SO delicate that removing them without breaking their hands and feet off is futile and damn near impossible. I've tried everything and I still have many to repair.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... obby+bench
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I would say the "Wow!" factor is off the charts here for me! Man, I am overwhelmed. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks guys,
I sprayed a gloss coat on the wood deck and stained. Here it is half stained.

I then added three coats of the gloss coat and added the decals. That was an ordeal as decals don’t like to adhere to wood, imagine that.

Once that all “dried” I then sprayed a few more clear coats. The katakana letter ア “A” on the stern came apart, thank you Hase for your wonderful decals. So, I masked and spray the letter. After a few hours messing with that I was able to add the weathering I.E. oil spills, fuel leaks, tire marks and other sundry offences that happen to a wood carrier deck, using pastels and oils where I’m right at the point where I feel I’ve gone far enough. Not too much but not too little. Most of the stern will be covered with 27 or was it 28 :hmm: aircraft and one hundred plus crew so the deck will be more of a background than the center point.

Oh yeah, the island it glued down now.

Next I need to finish the mast, a few ladders that I bought that were too long for what I had in my ladder stock, mast rigging, AA guns, deck safety netting, catch wires, aircraft catch system, side small boats, lowered antennas, landing light system.... You know, all those small nagging annoying items at add tons of interest to a build.
Building a kit from your stash is like cutting the head off a Hydra, two more take it’s place.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh man that is GORGEOUS!!!!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Stick, now it's going to get interesting.

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Oh man that is GORGEOUS!!!!

I so totally agree!!! :wub: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Modelcrazy
Addicted Member

Post by Modelcrazy »

Thanks Mark.

Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

That is just beautiful! I would love to see this at a show.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Wow. Just wow