Maddog Manufacturing 2018 Production

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Maddog Manufacturing 2018 Production

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! Yes, I am supposed to rest, and this has actually been pretty restful.

Thanks Medic!

Thanks Bruce! The underside of the Mitsubishi F-2A in pic #23 is actually Testor's Model Master Intermediate Blue. I did not use a primer on this plane. The lights kinda washed out the color making it look more grey than Intermediate Blue. Parts of the topside of this plane will also be this color, surrounding the Navy Blue patches above. In the lighting shown, it does look like a Star Wars color indeed.

This week due to some complications, I haven't get anything done in my Hobby Room. I hope things improve enough for me to get back to it later. Stay tuned, more to come.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Great stuff Mark. You are right on the F-2 it is a two tone blue. The radome is a light grey.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks John! I'm thrilled to have confirmation. For the nose cone, I used a dark gull grey. It does look fairly light next to the two blues.

Stay tuned, more to come, hopefully soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for the information on paint, Duke!!!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

You;re welcome Bruce. Maybe someday soon I'll be able to get back to these.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I bought this set from mr color has the two blues and the radome grey
https://goo.gl/images/C47VSR
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That's interesting John, I didn't know that was out there. I already have the thing painted and clearcoated now, so I just have to decal it. I do have a second one in the box (it was a two-kit set) so I might have to look for that set to paint the second one with.

I did manage to get a little done on the Hobby Room, so I might have some pics soon.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while Mark - Life's been rather hectic and up in the air. I hope you're still fighting and winning.

Too much good work on here to comment on - all superb! I'm loving the selection of aircraft you;re building at the moment.

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Stuart! I've only lately been able to get to the bench, working a little at a time on several models. I'm going to try to post pics later.

As for my health situation, after a very rough beginning of the week the previous week; I was able to stay home, sleep most of the time and relax the rest of the time. I allowed myself to be as lazy as possible, but the improvement was dramatic! I almost feel normal. I've even started back on some soft foods now and I've got a couple small jobs lined up for after the fourth as a test to see how well I'm doing.

Okay, stay tuned, pics forthcoming...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Glad to see that you're feeling better. :shoutout: Still take it easy and don't rush back into things.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Member's Gallery”